ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in passenger footwell

Megane 225 F1
f**king brilliant.

Got in the car this morning, looked on the floor and saw a wet mat. Felt it and it was wetter than my ex's minge after I had ruined her.

Mats are drenched and drip drying at the moment.

What's the best way to get the water out the carpet in the floor?

Where could the water come from? Everywhere around the passenger footwell is bone dry (and I mean dry).

When I come to a stop, I can hear water moving around somewhere.

HELP!

DAR

172 Cup toy
Check the scuttle below the wiper arms, bet one of the drains is bunged up, it just overflows and seeps in via the grommets. I had this on my cup.

Milltek'd clio 182
wetter than your ex's minge haha lol. Anyway as for the water i basically tried drying it with newspaper, really and truely, you need a nice sunny day so you could pull the carpet back and let it air through. you could try a hair dryer but the foam stuff is very thick. you will probably find water on your side by your foot pedals as well. i had this for a year and it was my scuttle in the middle of the car behind the bulk head. i resolved this problem about 3 months ago and the foam in my car is still currently slightly damp as it hasnt fully dried out, but good luck. and it is very annoying so i know what your going through.

mondeo titanium tdci
I don't want to worry you but my mates heater matrix has just sprung a leak on his 172 and his carpets are soaking just check your water level
Just a thought

Wetter than your ex's minge ha ha love it

Hope you sort it

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
Once you've sorted it .. wet'n'dry vac, followed by heat (electric fan heater), followed by a bowl of rice in the car.

When driving, a/c on warm and feet. De-humidifies the air, see. But you already knew that.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I've got a heater matrix if you need one...

But my bet is on the drainage hole under the front scuttle panel.

Megane 225 F1
Cheers for the advise guys.

Daniel, you might as well just sell me the whole f**king car lol.

Megane 225 F1
How do you get to the drainage hole? My hands were too numb from getting the water out to play with the scuttle pannel :eek:

Oh and I took the yellow foam stuff out from under the carpet. You don't need it. Right?