ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water in the passanger footwell

Iceberg 172
Right so the past few days has been my car be absolutely battered by non stop rain, it hasn't really moved except from two small trips to the gym. Anyway, coming out of the gym today and I put my bag on the passanger seat as it was lashing down. Noticed the mats a bit damp. So I lifted it up and there was around a few mm of standing water. Dried it out with three towels and left another in there while the mats dry.

From the looks of it the water was coming in from the top left hand corner of the footwell. The door, window, windscreen and roof lineing all seem to be dry so I'm pretty sure its the scuttle just jammed full of crap. Are there any guides on how to get to it? Also a bit weird the indicators stopped working, I don't know if this is water related?

They weren't working on the way down to the gym and once I got down there I tried the hazards which also did not work. However, I accidentally left them on and when I came out the gym and unlocked it they were back on. Indicators were also working again, the dash isn't showing up any fade or fast flashing and they are fine on the exterior too. So it doesn't sound like the relay problems that are common. Hopefully its just a one off that won't be reoccurring, any suggestions though?

Paul172sport

ClioSport Club Member
  Sunflower Ph1
Have a search for the scuttle drain holes.

The wipers are a pain to come off usually brute force.

I had leak under the washer bottle where the pipe for the rear wash went thru the car. Clean it out and silicon up

Jap Box
With you saying about the problem with the indicators etc have you checked to see if the UCH has been water damaged? Its in the passenger footwell also so the water might be trickling down somewhere above that and then down into the footwell.

Iceberg 172
Indicators are fine now! Cleared out the drain holes too and all seems good. But the rear wiper is playing up now :S

Hi I had this problem with my clio when I first had it (minus the light issues). The water was coming in from the exterior seal on the sun roof, going into the top of the roof, the down the pillar where the passengers door is, behind the fuse box then into the foot-well. Easiest way to see if you have the same problem as I has is too pull the door seal down from the roof on the passengers side of the car.

Iceberg 172
Hi I had this problem with my clio when I first had it (minus the light issues). The water was coming in from the exterior seal on the sun roof, going into the top of the roof, the down the pillar where the passengers door is, behind the fuse box then into the foot-well. Easiest way to see if you have the same problem as I has is too pull the door seal down from the roof on the passengers side of the car.

No sun roof so it won't be that, thanks though dude. Had pretty heavy rain today and it was absolutely fine so i think clearing out the s**t in the scuttle cured it.