ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water leak on my clio

Renault Clio 1.2
I have a K reg 1.4 Clio RT. I'm currently doing work on it to get it back on the road. Every week I start it up and drive it down my driveway to keep the brakes ok etc.

I went down my driveway today and brakes hard and water came pouring out of the front of the roof lining down my windscreen and also through any gaps near the sun roof winder / interior light / remote key sensor.

I opened the sunroof as I suspected it might have something to do with this. I found a puddle of water in each corner at the front of the sunroof.

Does anyone know what could be causing the water to congregate here?

Thanks for any help and replies.

Ollie

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Mine did the same, plenty of sealant stopped it getting inside, now i just can't open it if its been raining recently or if i've just washed it.

Punto/Clio GTT
exactly same thing happened to mine. in the end i dropped the roof lining out, took the entire sunroof out, dried it all, resealed it and put it back in. never leaked again

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
Everyone with a mk1 will be replying with, "same for me" or something along those lines.
I took the black seal of the the sunroof rim on the inside, the big one. Now it has a bit stickin out and i have trouble gettin on of the nets over it.

Renault Clio 1.2
Cheers for the info people. Will have a look at the seal take it out etc n then if that fails take the roof lining down.

Cheers again

Clio 1.8 16v
I "cured" my leaking sunroof by tightening the motor up with an allen key (about a 1/4 turn), then smearing vaseline around the rubber (the one the glass sits on when sunroof is shut), it hasnt leaked since (touch wood), and its been tested with the hose and plenty of rain.....

It looks like the sunroof rubber sometimes perishes and starts to dry out, the vaseline rehydrates it....

My not be what your after, but it might save you some time and effort if it is!

how easy is it to take out the roof lining. ive got a nut or something in mine and it drives me mad every time i go around a corner it pings all over the place....

p.s. mine sunroof leaked once going up a very big hill but hasnt since. **touches wood**

Renault Clio 1.2
I'll try the simplest idea 1st then c if that works.

I cannot tighten the motor up as it's a manual sunroof but I suppose I cud do the vaseline idea. Would the vaseline not perish the rubber tho?

Need to get this sorted as when it does leak it more than leaks it pours outs all over my headunit and seats!!!

Will let you all know how it goes cheers

Clio 1.8 16v
The vaseline will re-hydrate the rubber......i put a good thick layer on mine and its worked a treat so far.......*reaches to touch wood* I hope it works for you too.

I used to get bloody soaked every time it rained or I washed the car, not had a drop inside since.....

Good Luck!