ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water Leak

Focus 2.0 Ghia

My wtaer resvoir has ben emptying quite rapidly recently and after checking the car this eveing notice a steady trickle of water comind doem from behind the engine. Also the heating isnt as warm as usual posibly due to water pressure maybe??? Iv checked for all the obviouse things like damp carpets and the resevoir itself and both seem fine. Im thinking the waterpump but is there any othe causes for this. have alos checke the oil wich is ok.

Craig J

Clio Phase II 16V

The main water pump is at the drivers side of the engine if the leak is at the back it could be a split hose or worse case a cracked head/block.

core plug ?? they are great fun...!!....i had to take my engine out to replace the one behind the cam belt cover !!! great eh !!!

Focus 2.0 Ghia

Dudes!! i really hope it is neither. both are big jobs and would struggle to get the dollar to do it. the oil has been going quikley Brian, but thought it was cuz of the car overheating due t lack of water also possible sump gasket problem. is this terrible year never going to end? :(