ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water leaking in from behind heater blower

I've got a Clio 172 and when I bought it there was a leak when it rains where the water would end up in driver footwell. The person I got it off had tried silicone and expandable foam which didn't fix it. So I've had the dash out today and the heater blower from under skittle panel.

There is then another bit of plastic which covers the air con radiator thing as well as the blower etc. Partially because it was siliconed on and partially cause I had no idea what I'm doing I've snapped that into pieces now so I need a new one... But I found there is a rectangle thing which looks to have a motor that opens and closes it. This is where the water leaked in and this has been siliconed shut but still leaking in. So I've removed as much silicone as I can and am going to try and get some new parts from a scrap yard to replace what I broke...

but my questions are what does that flap thing do?
Has anyone else seen this leak before?
How do I get the top part of the plastic off without breaking it?

Mec 350 slk manual
Mine had this water in the drivers side footwell but all I did was remove the skuttel panel and cleaned the drain holes and never had this problem again.

I can only see one drain hole and that is clear.. Is there more, the one I can see is at the bottom corner closest to the engine bay side.

I still need to work out how to get the plastic bit off and back on though so I can get a new one?

Mec 350 slk manual
Yes you have one drivers side one in the middle behind the soundproof carpet that clips to the outside bulk head and one passenger side .