ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water noise

Oyster Card
My sunroof does leak a little bit but today when I pulled away I heard the noise of water splashing, sounds like it's in the car, i checked for any bottles of water there isn't any, i pulled the rubber from the roof lining next to the sunroof theres no water there, if the sunroof leaks does anyone know where all the water goes?
Could it be the petrol I hear sploshing about? this is the only time I've drove off without my sub on so i'm not likely to hear the sound before now.

Oyster Card
sorry going to sound stupid mate, can you tell me where abouts exactly there are, we're talking about on my mk1.
is it a mission to unblock like most things on a french car?

clio 16v
my electric sunrof leaked like a tap, but i never heard water moving around. whats wrong with the sunroof? might be a good start to fix that and see if if still happens. Its a relatively easy job to do, just need plenty of time.

Oyster Card
Neil G said:
Could be b**gered heater matrix:(

Hey I don't like that :( face, means lots of money involved. if it's the heater matrix surley my heating wouldn't work properly?

It sounds, I say sounds because I doubt it is, coming from the roof, ie the actuall roof behind the sunroof, but theres nowhere for the water to sit there.

And I'm not getting wet round corners so gawd knows where the water is, all I know is it sounds like a fish tank.

Can someone please explain to me where all the drain holes in the car is that I can check pretty please?

Saphire Cosworth
Sounds to me like it could be the water going round the heater matrix - i've had a few cars that have done that.

clio 1.2
i can hear the same on my clio but it doesnt make the noise when there is no water in the wiper bottle and i just filled it up and heard the noise. try draining the bottle and see if there is any difference

850 T5. mmmm Turbo!
mine does it too. my sunroof doesnt leak (yet) i think its water that gets into the sunroof recess but beyond the seals, there must be some sort of drainage going on.

No more clio's for me!
i Had this in my old dynam, pretty sure it has something to do with the rear washer The pipe from the front run thru the car somewhere.

Sounds to me as if your sills have filled up with water.

There are two drainage holes in the sill (underneath) - these are probably blocked with mud and stuff.

Had it on my 1.2.. just cleaned the drainage holes and all the water drained away.

I've got the exact same problem,

Only happens if i park the car on a upwards slope and it rains hense the water leaking in through the sunroof and into the back of the car.

My car is always garaged so thats not often.

It makes a swoshing water noise when breaking and accelerating....

wouldn't mind knowing how to resolve it if at all possible!!

Gonna get a new sunroof soon anyway, but the sound of water inside the car is a little worrying

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
^^ no dont think so lol. alot of the clios do it, if you do a search on the web, you'll find loads of people with same problem, however renault dont class it as a problem. mine does it most of the time, but more just after a night of rain. i shouldnt worry about it!

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
you know thos 2 black strips, it get in via them i think....dont worry it all comes out as the day gos on lol

Oyster Card
Lol okay mate cheers, I swore blind it was above my head somewhere but couldn't for the life of me figure out where.

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
what also helps (and will stop you leek), is if you put some black plumbing selent around the sunroof outer edge (where the plastic meets the metal). you can really see it, and works a treat!