ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water pipe,maybe an overflow?

CLIO-Si

ClioSport Club Member
  1.6Si + 182
been into my air filter and throttle body/carb today to just clean out and check how they were looking and ive found a pipe lol...

between my coolant bottle and my air box theres a pipe that comes down from behind the dash into the engine bag and hangs halfway down to the dogbone area, on the end of the pipe is an flap which opens to drain but as i pulled it towards the front of the car to check the end a good 1/4-1/2 litre of water or a clear liquid drained out of here, any1 got any ideas?

i have been having some coolant level problems maybe a half inch drop every 2 days sumtime in a day its gone to just at the bottom of the tank so im thinking that ive maybe got a cylinder head problem but nothing is affecting the engine heat but im noticing the exhaust fumes are steamy on idle and with a bit of rev,

any1 with any ideas or imput it would b gratfully recieved,thanks