ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Water temp at max + stop light

Evening all,

Went out this evening for a spirited drive, all fine until on the way home the water temp went bananas and was sitting at max until I was able to pull over. Engine stop light came on. I turned it off, opened the bonnet and let it cool off for a bit.

After a few minutes the temp was back to the middle of the gauge and stop light was off. Limped it home, the gauge rose a little (1/2 -1 bar) and back to the middle, it never went below the middle.

Any suggestions of cause or how to check what might be the problem?

cheers Nick

Ey up Mick. When I checked the coolant at the road side it was below min, opened the cap an it boiled up and the level went up/then dropped. Not sure about heaters as they weren't on at the time. Should I check them now?

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
It'll be too late now. Whenever something goes wrong with the cooling circuit the first thing to go wrong is the heater output.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Sounds like a coolant leak. Any competent garage should be able to tackle this for you but i'd guess at Radiator or water pump leaking myself.