ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water temp sensor...

please , someone must know! if the temp gauge doesnt work would this stop my fan from working ? i did the paper clip test on my fan switch and the fan works fine , but doesnt seem to come on when ive driven it ! :confused:

Im not sure if it can stop to work the fan, probably not, coz related to the water bulb, but for sure you can get a new temp sensor.

Adriano

The red thing is a throttle potentiometer which relates throttle position and rate of change to the ECU. Your fan should still work even if the temp sensor is not reading , you can check the fan works by letting the car idle for a while when the radiator gets hot the fan will cut in (if its working) If you gauge goes up to 3/4

Quote: Originally posted by N.D.Hill on 18 September 2003

The red thing is a throttle potentiometer which relates throttle position and rate of change to the ECU. Your fan should still work even if the temp sensor is not reading , you can check the fan works by letting the car idle for a while when the radiator gets hot the fan will cut in (if its working) If you gauge goes up to 3/4
Thanx mate,

probably this is the reason of my probs ;-)

Adriano