ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

water under car???

182 FF Arctic
noticed over the past couple of days water under the front bumper only its not coolant as im not loosing any and it doesn't smell & its clear not green like the coolant in the bottle it seems to be dripping from the splitter area :S

IMG_0724.jpg

182 FF Arctic
no it doesn't smell of anything could it be rain water like you said it rained yesterday & a little today i have been to work in it today so its not like its just sat there but my drives is on a slight slope downwards so it must be storing it somewhere i have had the car just over a month & its not happend before :S

182 FF Arctic
No I have aircon. Weird how it's not done it before though, it's actually dripping off the splitter

Last edited:
  RS Clio 200
Could have been a build up in ac drain tube and now it's decided to do it's job. I would go with that personally

182 FF Arctic
looks like it is windscreen fluid as i filled it up this morning & its gone done about a couple of inches in the bottle now

182 FF Arctic
Right so i took the bumper off this morning to see where its coming from & couldn't see anything both rads are bone dry all i could see was what can only be rain water stored in the bumper the washers weren't leaking from what i could see but i disconnected the pipes anyway & bunged them up do i need to unplug anything on the bottle?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If it's not using any washer fluid or coolant i wouldn't be bothered.

I'd unplug the headlight washer motor to.

182 FF Arctic
It is using washer fluid but the headlight washers seemed dry Its only happened since I filled the washer bottle to the top The other day

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Thats my thread!

Yeah unplugging that, means the light washer won't try and squirt.