ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Watermark question

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Threequarters of the way through applying another layer of supernatural the sun came out strong and i discovered that the Aqua-gleam has given up the ghost and i hadn't managed to dry some of the car quickly enough leaving some darker marks.
I normally apply wax using my fingers, if i were to work it a bit harder with a pad will these marks disappear or are they now sealed in?

Might be worth polishing back abit with something like Ag super resin. and then trying again in a shady spot..is you car black??

106 GTi
The wax should be cleaner free so it should struggle to remove them.

I would rewash and dry and see if that sorts them, if not a light polish will sort it.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Thanks guys, that's the bad news i was expecting, think they were formed when a fine mist beaded and dried quickly. they are now samwiched between two layers of wax so they will have to stay for the moment as i've just stripped everything off polished and sealed. Also you can only see them from a really oblique angle.
Red btw.

106 GTi
Bugger :( Nothing worse than having to strip of a good few layers of Carnauba you have built up.

5 GTT & Orb'd Trophy
Yeah, my language was a little more "fruity" especially as it was almost the last of my tester pot.

Excuse to try something else i suppose:)