ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Waxoyl

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Want to get the car done before winter, seen the Hammerite stuff which comes in black or clear and also comes in a aerosol.

Which is the best to go for?? I presume the aerosol will be used for around the door hinges etc...and paint the arches and underneath.

Where can I buy it from??

Why Gaz..................I thought it was only Jap cars that dont have any underseal that had to be waxoiled....................most modern cars will last the distance these days with just a bit of TLC eh.

Cya Stuart

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

A few Williams owners have done it to prevent any rust coming threw or stop anymore spreading so I would like to hit the nail on the head before or if any rust manages to get therw....just a precaution really wont do any harm doing it and will give it extra protection of the Winter months.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member

Just get the clear spray. Its super easy to use! Just clean the areas you gunna put it on as well as you can. Give it a bit of a wire brush then spray it on.

Quote: Originally posted by GazTwo on 24 September 2004

A few Williams owners have done it to prevent any rust coming threw or stop anymore spreading so I would like to hit the nail on the head before or if any rust manages to get therw....just a precaution really wont do any harm doing it and will give it extra protection of the Winter months.
Thats fair enough Gaz.......................good luck by the way...................Ive done it and its a filthy, manky job.......................and a real pain in the ar5e.

Cya Stu

PS anyone who says its easy.................just get them to do it eh:D

[Edited by stusV6 on 24 September 2004 at 12:04pm]

[Edited by stusV6 on 24 September 2004 at 12:06pm]

[Edited by stusV6 on 24 September 2004 at 12:06pm]

Gaz I did my arches with that clear stuff and it was in a spray can, supposidly you can get the oil mix it with something and then apply it, not that expensive for the can and should be able to get it from many motor places!

But I am getting my arches and underneath cleaned up by this guy and then he is going to wax oil the whole underneath as long as the car can now fit on the ramps...it didnt last time so he couldnt do it!!!lol Its only costing £30 as well!

Danny

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Stu was thinkin of doing it myself then I know its done properly but Dannys £30 sounds good...:)

Have already cleaned the arches and underneath over the last month so all it needs is a good jet washing for any bits I may have missed then get Waxolyin.

Whats this about discolouring????

I cant comment on discolouring Gaz as my car was black so I wouldnt have noticed it anyway.......................but Ill tell you this £30 is an absolute bargain and WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL worth it:cool:

Cheers Stu

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Ill have a think, will probably do it myself....give me something to do on the weekends while Im skint on the run up to the dreaded XMAS.

The Jinx

Wheres that danny?

Done a fair bit of waxoyl-ing meself.

Peeled back trim and given it some down in to the sills and arches on the inside, plus a few rust spots on the bodywork.

Hows best to do the arches. Have people done them inside the car or actually in the arch itself?

GazTwo

ClioSport Club Member
  Blue c/w Gold Wheels

Hed be proud of my cleaning, the back arces are immaculate...think hes busy at the mo in search of headlamp protectors.

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Had my car done when I got it....Steam cleaned, all the floorpan and arches wayoyled and injected into the doors, boot etc...cost 170 quid though!

Clio 1.6 16V

Ive done a few cars over the past few years. If you want to do the job properly forget the toy spray cans and "pump-me-up" canisters. They only half work when the ambient temps are quite high (been there with canister in hot water). The only way forward is a decent 90 psi + compressor, wax gun and inspection pit / lift. Your hair also takes on a pretty good gelled look afterwards too! Car stinks for about three months afterwords too. If youre planning to keep the car longterm its well worth the effort though.