ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Web Hosting...

ICE'dberg MK2 172
does anyone have a favourite Host??

5 times in the last 5 weeks my Host has gone down and i'm not happy, especially as it's been over a weekend and most of our business is sourced during evenings and weekends.

Seen http://streamline.net/index.php and thought they seemed quite reasonable. They offer either Windoze or Linux servers.... Whats the difference??

Any help appreaciated....

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Windows primarily used for ASP and .NET applications (front page extensions yadda yadda)
Linux primarily used for PHP, CGI, PERL, MySQL etc..

Both will host HTML etc web pages no problems but the Linux one will be loads more reliable.

PM me if your interested in a hosting deal - I'm a reseller.

172beast

I'm with streamline on the Power package with 500 meg and unlimited bandwidth, use it for hosting car videos and pictures, might upgrade to unlimited space, seems super fast and very reliable, good support as well, questions I've asked have been answered within hours.

My site -> http://www.zedsplace.co.uk/

Try going to the download section and gettin a big video to test how fast it is

I use Streamline to host my page : www.perrie.co.uk Very happy with them, and would happily recommend them.

I got the unlimited user package on Windows because I write my pages in asp.

For the statement above about Linux being more reliable than Windows, that was maybe true 10 years ago but Windows 2003 is achieving the same uptime statistics as Linux so I would suggest you choose based on your needs rather than that outdated statement.

Have fun

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Gav76 said:
I would suggest you choose based on your needs rather than that outdated statement.

Not out dated at all. I have 6 Windows Servers at work and 3 Linux servers. Windows servers, on average, need a power cycle every 90 or so days. My linux servers are at 589 days (mail server), 392 days (web server) and 412 days (file server) respectfully.

I only need to reboot them after doing a serious shell upgrade so downtime is next to nothing. I don't think its ever crashed either, which unlike its Microsoft counterpart - happened all the time.