ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight loss on a 172 Cup

Radical SR3
Might not be the best section but when I stripped out my old track car I weighed everything that came out and what went in...it was quite useful for someone wanting to shed weight and helped them work out what to focus on. As I had to clear the shed today I thought I'd do something similar from the Cup. I haven't weighed the replacement parts when they went on but still useful none the less. The parts were weighed with decent home scales but I rounded up/down unless items were bang on kg.

I haven't yet removed the heater matrix/fan/lines as I want to keep the use of it, also I haven't stripped down the loom (4.7kg saved there on my old car), removed unwanted weld points or replaced the rear screen with lexan.

It depends how much weight is added when you put items back in, brakes (discs/bell setup etc), kevlar seat, harness, braces/arb, coilovers. If you do it right you'll still save around 200kg. My old track car dropped from 890kg stock to 690kg stripped and that was WITH a 7 point cage added, that gave the car 370hp per tonne which was fun.

Window motors 4kg
Horn 1.5kg
Charcoal canister 1.5kg
Parcel shelf 2kg
Carpets (all) 7.25kg
Roof lining 2kg
Front calipers, lines, discs, pads 51kg
Rear 1/4 side glass 6.5kg (lexan 3kg)
Undertray 1kg
Bulkhead heatshield 0.75kg
Headlights 4kg
Bonnet 11.5kg
Cup spoiler 3.5kg
Front door cards 8kg
Front Wipers 2kg
PAS (inc bottle bracket, lines) 7kg
PAS rack 6kg
Engine mounts 2kg
Front cross member 1.75kg
Bumper innards 2.25kg
Front glass 7.5kg (lexan 3kg)
Toolkit 3kg
Plastic trim (gear surround 1kg, trunk 1.25kg, sill protectors 0.75kg, rear door trim 3kg, all others) 14.25kg
Front seats 37kg
Rear seat (base and back) 14.5kg
various nuts/bolts 2.5kg
Seat belts all 6.5kg
ECU case 3kg
Door/trunk rubber 4kg
various bits from above 16.25kg

Grand total 234kg

Clio
Honestly mate, leave the loom alone, many have tried trimming down the loom and many have been left with a car that won't run, Renault looms aren't exactly good at standing up to being moved about

Radical SR3
Don't intend to touch it on this car, I went overboard on the last car and ended up with something so focused I just didn't use it. I can't see how the loom is that bad though? the electrics I've done so far have looked like a blind mans wired it but surely if you route the wires back to the ECU correctly it should be fine.

Has anyone fitted the alloy brake ducts to the front hubs? fancied doing that but couldn't see how they'd work with the 4 pot wilwoods on there.