ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weight Saving Tips & Ideas?

260% JCW
I suppose things like Xenon lights the benefit of having brigther headlights outweighs the small weight gain, could you argue better vision would make your car quicker anyway :p

Dash Board Sound deadening is def something I need to get sorted!

For track days id make up some cup racer style headlight blanks, easy enough to do your self.

260% JCW
2 great big lumps of metal on the front end either end of chassis legs iirc.. i removed mine but cant remember the exact position.

Had one of these removed when the cambelt was done, didn't realise there was one the other side.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
For track days id make up some cup racer style headlight blanks, easy enough to do your self.

I thought about doing this on the phase 1, i'd have a CAF in the passenger side but thinking its a pain to swap the headlights over as it's not a dedicated track only car

Gay Clio 172 phs1
Cunny, Sell it and buy a westfield Fit an f4r with ITBs and shout Yeahhhhhhhhhhh man this is aweeeeeeesom.........

I'm still using mine now with no dash, two buckets and not a whole lot else :D

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Cunny, Sell it and buy a westfield Fit an f4r with ITBs and shout Yeahhhhhhhhhhh man this is aweeeeeeesom.........

I'm still using mine now with no dash, two buckets and not a whole lot else :D

Some proper weight saving right there :p

I like your thinking Gaz :approve:

Gay Clio 172 phs1
you just want to have my babies...

P.S DO not remove the headlining if using the car daily... you will get dripped on!

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Slightly OT but the 225 only made 350kg on the weigh in Gaz :eek:

Thought it would've been more than that-be interested to see what the Cup comes in at :)

Gay Clio 172 phs1
have a fire the night before and wet the ashes put them inside the shell and fill anything you can with water ;) should easy get that to 400kg lol

182 Cup
For a road car I would:

Swap the front seats for buckets, ditch the rears and the isofix bar.
Change the steering wheel for a non-airbag item.
Find some light weight wheels.
Find a light weight battery.

You can take silly measures to lose weight on the car though, a standard number plate weighs 232 grams, a vinyl number plate comes in at 20 grams. A set of worn tyres will weigh less than a set of new, etc. etc.

Suzuki Jimny
I strip the wax off my car and fold the back seats down before a track day. Saves loads of weight.

There's loads to come from the interior, surprising how heavy certain things are, like the carpets!

Depends if you want sensible weight saving, or total strippage?

Inferno 182
I've just weighed my new 15" Superleggeras - 5.1kgs
I have also weighed a standard 182 wheel - 9.7kgs.
So, that is 4.6kgs x4 saved on unsprung weight :approve:
The KTR Janspeed exhaust with 1 box is 7kgs lighter