ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird alarm fob issue. Not just my car either?

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I've never had an issue with my key fob in locking and unlocking the car. However, in the last couple of weeks, there has been something strange going on when parking on the street near my mother-in-laws.

I literally have to be within a foot or so of the car before the fob will work. When I'm away from that street, it works fine - typically 20ft+ away as normal. The strange thing is, the same thing happens to Jain's Vee. And also her brother's Mondeo. And her other brother's Corsa. :S

Could it be the construction of a new mast/station nearby that's affecting the fobs? Or maybe something more sinister - like someone trying to 'read' the fobs from a house nearby?

I've no idea with this kind of stuff. But it just seems strange that a lot of cars are being affected and in such a short time frame.

Any ideas?

D.

Peddled device
Odd one !

I would guess some kind of interference that means your cars alarm is not getting a clear signal.

Clio
if you want your key fob to work from a further distance, then try this, however weird it may sound it works.

Put the key fob touching your head above your ear pointing towards your car and press. The key fob uses your head as a radio transmitter.

As i said, may sound like a myth but i've done it loads of times cos my fob is either running out of battery or just crap and it works a treat from a fair distance away.