ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird and strange facts about clio's.

182 Clio
The Clio is the third Renault not given a number. (Since 1962)
The first two being the Renault Espace and the Renault Fuego.
Five years later, and Renault no longer use numbers!!

182 Clio
In 1992, the Clio was the first Renault car to get into the top 10 sellers list. It has remained there since, with the exception of 1998.

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
reno are tightknobs and have the bonnet release on wrong side.

they also make the feed to the alternator too short so it breaks and means you have to get someone to come out to fix it.

Renault had a capital R at the beggining same as Clio!!

Also they're French

and they come in different colours!

Few facts there!!

Black R27+08 Swift Sport
I picked up my new R27 on valentines day, im now in love with it so much im planning to marry it and run away in it to the outer hebrides!:S

did you know, most renault employees that work for renault (dealerships) dont have a clue btw the 182 and 172? or the PH1 172 and PH2 172

true fact that is

172cup
the first time i ever noticed a clio was when i got my arse handed to me on a plate by Williams. I was in a FRST, and almost cum.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
apparently a clio sport can have any car in the twisties so ive heard

Nah that's only the Trophy ;)

Fact - apparently the French don't like sunroofs and Clios being sold with them is almost exclusive to Britain. Also, not having a sunroof could save your life in an accident (from my own observations).

:rolleyes: Does that mean I should get a Willy 1 or 2 instead of a 3???? :S

C

Cupster

FACT: clio's roll, WELL!! (from my experience)

CARLarge.jpg

Looks like a 197! But with less fat on its rear end ;)

In 1996, one survey found that Nicole from the mk1 ads was recognized by more Britons than Prime Minister John Major, Bob Hoskins or Chris Evans

Clio 197 R27
sport models use lightweight valves made of Nimonic, that is, an alloy consisting of 75% Nickel and 25% Chrome and Titanium

Sunflower & Golf Mk6 BMT
sport models use lightweight valves made of Nimonic, that is, an alloy consisting of 75% Nickel and 25% Chrome and Titanium

Nimonic is heavier than normal steel so its not light weight at all. Im guessing nimonic is used because its very strong, resistant to heat fatigue and corrosion resitant.

FN2 Type R GT
Drivers side window is quicker to get to the top than passenger window, try it...have a little race...you'l see

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
2004, Renault released the Colour Inferno. From that day forwards Clio's have been pap.

Black 197
Renault Dealer Engineers are sh*t...... FACT

Expensive to maintain.... FACT

V6 looks the Dogs Danglies..... FACT

Renault Clio S
Here’s a weird one:

A mark one Clio (no further description available) was once found abandoned at a petrol station in the village of Gislingham in Suffolk. According to reports at the time, upon closer inspection the steering wheel didn’t move and the dashboard instruments were unmovable props. All four wheels also seemed to be in a locked position and the registration plates and VIN were all forgeries.

The car, if you want to call it that, was hauled away to a local breakers yard just outside the town of Stowmarket and since then two people have mysteriously disappeared – reportedly from the vicinity of the car.

Spooky, eh?

ALBI 197 Sonic MKII
"Clios" backwards spells "Soil" if you ignore the "c," which is usually what you do to yourself when you start getting 5 year service quotes.

Clio was the last car blatently just a letter or two away from an intimate part of the female organ.

Volvo = Vulva
Fabia = Labia
Clio = Clit

Poofs tend to go for a Venus.

Last edited: