ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird and strange facts about clio's.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Home Bargain's/B&M sell's car interior wipes featuring the the interior of a clio on the packet.

True story

Last edited:
  Listerine & Poledo
Renault Clio's were the first cars fitted with build-compensation techology that allowed for engineers to design as good a vehicle as they like and it would still disintegrate within months.

THe concept was first mooted in the Italian car industry but Renault pioneered its launch and hasn't looked back since

ph2 172
I always wondered why the dock lock and bonnet release are on the passenger side, and now i know because of this thread.

120d M Sport
Your vehicle comprises of 87% Recyclable parts and already contains parts which are made from recycled materials

And also 95% Of the plastic parts in your vehicle are marked by a symbol to tell you what type of cheese it is manufactured from

F A C T

(taken from drivers handbook pg.2.11)

More like it.

HBT 172 Cup
Im pretty sure i am right, the rarest of all Mk1 Clios was the 1.8RT 8v model featuring the RSI engine but with just a single injector. They were made only in 1993 and produced 95bhp.

My nan had one lol

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
Mk3 Clios and Mk3 micras are the same cars in different dresses.

Don't Nissan and Renault cohabitate so to speak, im sure they both have shares in each other, something about Nissan producing poor Diesels and Renault producing poor petrols

Mk2 Clio dci
Don't Nissan and Renault cohabitate so to speak, im sure they both have shares in each other, something about Nissan producing poor Diesels and Renault producing poor petrols

Yeah there are renault/nissan alliance engines!

Also some mk2 clio keys will fit in other mk2 clio passenger door handle locks!

Clio 182 FF cup'd
Due to a design fault, You cant lift Mk3 window wipers because they hit the edge of the bonnet... true story :rasp:

172 Ph2, Mk1 MX5 1.8
Nicole is now a recovering heroin addict and papa is doing a 30 stretch for paedophilia related crimes.

Clio Dynamique Noir
When fiting v-maxx coiloivers to a 1.2 clio, ensure to use at least 10 mm spacers on the front with 182 alloys as these alloys are a different offset to the non sport ones and will sit so far in the wheel arch the spring platform (adjuster) will chew through your tyre wall. Fact.

Vivaro van
Sunroofs creak

The SERV light never comes on when it needs a service only when something is broken

They have stupid exhaust hangers that cant hold the exhaust

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
The solution then would be to wipe but turn the ignition off when the wipers are vertical. Or do they still hit?

260% JCW
Renault exhibited a Hi-Flex Clio Mk II with a 1.6 L 16-valve engine at the 2006 Paris International Agricultural Show. This vehicle, which addresses the Brazilian market (where this engine is available in the Clio II, the third generation not being sold there), features Renault-developed flex-fuel technology, with a highly versatile engine that can run on fuel containing a blend of gasoline and ethanol in any proportion (0% to 100% of either).

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
It actives the Renault Anti Intruder Device (R.A.I.D). When your car goes over something like 5MPH it will lock the doors so nobody can get in. They remain locked until you open the door or unlock them.

Clio Dynamique Noir
So once I have unlocked the car and before I start the engine? hold the button down for 10 seconds? Does this work on all clios? And can it be turned off again?

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Get in the car and push and hold the lock button on the dash. I think it then beeps. After that the doors will lock when you drive off. To turn it off again, push and hold the lock button.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Get in the car and push and hold the lock button on the dash. I think it then beeps. After that the doors will lock when you drive off. To turn it off again, push and hold the lock button.

But what happens if you do this and with winter along its way....you go out in the morning to start your car, to de ice the windows/get the car warm. then you go back inside your house will it then lock itself without you in the car?? thats my only worry