ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Catcams NON VVT Camshaft Problem

Hello Everyone.

We have Clio RS 172 drag project car. Our engine complete build with forged internals and colombo cams.
And now we are changing our colombo cams with Catcams ones. We bought them from Belgium Catcams Dealer.
We did very clear on we want NON VVT setup with catcams vernier pulleys. So our product arrived to us.
But a with big suprised. After products arrived we realized inlet cam slightly longer than exhaust cam.
Then we tried to installing cams on our cylinder head with new catcams vernier pulleys. We saw small gap
between pulleys as you can see in pictures at below. We realized both of pulleys exactly same. Screws holes
on both pulleys 10mm. But fixing holes on inlet cams 11.5 mm. Its completely impossible to correct fitment
that cam with catcams pulleys. We tried to contact our seller and some other catcams dealers for solve that
problem. Answers are same from all sources. If the inlet cam is longer than exhaust cam thats not NON VVT cams.
And we have to use or stock factory VVT pulley on inlet side. But as I said When we place an order we want
full set for non vvt camshaft with vernier pulleys. All bits come with a single package with a single order.

Not the end of story. Here is the weird section. That inlet cam is longer than exhaust cam. And thiss mean for
dealers and any other catcams users thats not NON VVT one. Thats OKE. Maybe wrong products send us. We can get it.
But this inet cam didnt have oil channels or holes for VVT operation. I think that inlet cam faulty production.

So guys. Is anyone from you heard or saw that problem like our ones. We stucked at here. We are still trying
to explain our problem to our dealer for replacment inlet cam.

Thank you reading this long story. And my bad English of course.

b3zg0.jpg

b3zjp.jpg

b3zsl.jpg

b3znd.jpg

b3zul.jpg

b3zw7.jpg

F4R'd ph2 Dynamique
sorry to hijack the thread but I have a related question that someone may be able to help me with:

I'm finishing assembling a F4R to go into my K4M Dynamique (we never had any RenaultSport Clios here in Brazil sadly, so the only way to have one is to make it yourself), so here is my setup:

Standard F4R Block + Crankshaft / Rods
11,2:1 Compression rate pistons from the new Flex-Fuel F4R available in Brazil
RenaultSport Cylinder Head and inlet Manifold from a Ph1 (Cable-Throttle)
Standard F4R ECU, fixed cam timing (no VVT)

Currently I am assembling the engine with a standard F4R camshaft (from the 138hp versions) but I have already purchased a set of 420 CatCams (copies of the original RenaultSport ones) NON-VVT

My question is about assembly of the camshafts (timing). Should I assemble the inlet camshaft in the "original" position or 16 degrees advanced? To make it clearer, is the NON-VVT inlet camshaft already 16 degrees advanced in relation to the VVT one or is the only difference the oil gallery for VVT?

What I aim for is having the same behaviour during the VVT activation band (1600~6500RPM), compromising the operation below 1600 and over 6500..

Thanks in advance,

Thiago