ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird Internet Problem. Any Ideas?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Hoping someone can help.

Long story short

- Using MBP
- Always wireless
- Internet doesn't work at home on Virgin Media
- But internet does work at home on the Mrs MBP wirelessly
- Internet works fine at work on MBP wirelessly
- VM have been out and couldn't find a fault
- Replaced with new super hub and still doesn't work.
- I do have internet but its slow beyond usable.
- Been going on for 4 weeks now.

Its doing my head in and nobody knows whats wrong? It can't be my machine otherwise it wouldn't work at work but then why does the Mrs laptop work at home and mine doesn't.

f**king odd.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
Any settings on there specific to your works network?

Check you are using DHCP for IP, default gateway and DNS.

If you are, try using the google DNS server.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Any settings on there specific to your works network?

Check you are using DHCP for IP, default gateway and DNS.

If you are, try using the google DNS server.
You're dealing with a computer r****d here mate.

Can you make it simple for me please?

2007 clio dynamique
If you open the router settings , there should be a page to see all the devices that are connected to the router , that should show the ip addresses of each device , if there are 2 of the same then that would be your issue , also try changing the wireless channel , does it work when plugged in via cable ?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
If you open the router settings , there should be a page to see all the devices that are connected to the router , that should show the ip addresses of each device , if there are 2 of the same then that would be your issue , also try changing the wireless channel , does it work when plugged in via cable ?
All devices are on different IP addresses mate.

I have a 2G and a 5G. Currently connected to the 5G and have swopped channels several times and that didn't work.

Any other ideas?

SQ5
I had this with a customers iMac. Download onyx and have a clean out of crap and it worked.

SQ5
Nope no idea, was a really strange problem, we thought it was possibly down to the provider and running out of usage but turned out it wasn't.

I used Onyx and it solved the issues, clearing all cookies etc may be worth a shout.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Nope no idea, was a really strange problem, we thought it was possibly down to the provider and running out of usage but turned out it wasn't.

I used Onyx and it solved the issues, clearing all cookies etc may be worth a shout.
Done the cookies and that but still doesn't work but is clearly my machines issue.

What does Onyx actually do? Shall i download, run once and problem solved?

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Changing channels and checking ip address confliction surely would of been done by VM you would imagine.

Hopefully your sorted now.

.Joe

ClioSport Club Member
  Mini Clubman
Hoping someone can help.

Long story short

- Using MBP
- Always wireless
- Internet doesn't work at home on Virgin Media
- But internet does work at home on the Mrs MBP wirelessly
- Internet works fine at work on MBP wirelessly
- VM have been out and couldn't find a fault
- Replaced with new super hub and still doesn't work.
- I do have internet but its slow beyond usable.
- Been going on for 4 weeks now.

Its doing my head in and nobody knows whats wrong? It can't be my machine otherwise it wouldn't work at work but then why does the Mrs laptop work at home and mine doesn't.

f**king odd.

What year MBP?
i used to regularly have these issues with my 2013 mbp and found it to be solved by resetting the NVRAM

To reset your NVRAM, you use exactly the same procedure you once used to reset PRAM: Shut down your Mac, press the power button, and as soon as you hear the startup chime, hold down Command-Option-P-R. Keep holding down those keys until you hear a second startup chime