ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird problem that I can't figure out - Any suggestions?

Megane Mk4
Every time I boot Windows XP, it pops up a Windows explorer browser window on startup pointing to 'C:\Program Files\Common' folder. I've checked all the usual stuff, Startup folder, sysedit etc.. but can't see a reason why it would be opening the folder. Anyone know why it does this?

Besides re-formatting/re-installing windows, Is there anyway of stopping it from doing it?

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Press (Windows Key) + R
type in 'msconfig'

then go into the 'start-up' tab

Have a look in there - be careful not too do anything silly though!

James

Megane Mk4
Tried rebooting using 'Diagnostic startup - load basic drivers and services only' as described in the help file for msconfig. It didn't appear this time after the reboot, so I can only assume now it's a 3rd party program thats looking for something that probably isn't there no more. :rolleyes:

Mmmm, reinstall looks inevitable as I don't know which of the many programs I have running is doing it.

Cheers Snubbs. :star:

Clio 172 Mk2
go into regedit mate and have a look at this section

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

see if theres anything in there thats causing it to start up. be careful not to delete anything important tho

Fiesta Zetec S TDCI
Take a screeny of all things in the msconfig-startup tab (the tabs are at the top)
Alternatively upload a screeny onto web n pm me a link n i'll analyse it for you.