ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Weird start up problem

Hi guys,

The clio has been running fine for the last couple of months, give or take a few things for once :rasp:. Its a mk2 ph2 172 btw.

So when you jump in you turn the key to the one before you start it all the lights go out and everything its fine. Then you start the car. Now usually the dials usually click and thats it done.

But now then make a funny buzzing noise and then go to normal. If you click the trip computer for how many miles you have done before/after fill ups its always reset now?

Any clue on what this is? Its seems to be starting fine engine wise and no problems in running.

Cheers guys help always appreciated:star::eek:

RS mk2 172
Mine also does this and as I understand its due to excess voltage drop during cranking. Basically the battery is on its way out and this shows up more during cold spell where more power required to crank.

Mine also does this and as I understand its due to excess voltage drop during cranking. Basically the battery is on its way out and this shows up more during cold spell where more power required to crank.

Ahh ok. Il get my multimeter on it too confirm but, it means the battery is dieing?