ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

weirdest thing at temp traffic lights

Was first in line at some temp traffic lights earlier, couple of cars pull up behind, no big deal. Still waiting for them to change to green and i spotted a green laser being pointed at the traffic light sensor as soon as the laser touched the senser they turned green! I was thinking what the hell was that green laser!!! Anyone know?

The green laser would have been coming out of the sensor. Its a new technology that counts cars in the waiting queue. Theres a similar red one on the other side.

The green laser would have been coming out of the sensor. Its a new technology that counts cars in the waiting queue. Theres a similar red one on the other side.

I highly doubt that as the person aiming it hit the trees behind first! This was just before the sun came up so was quite easy to spot

It was obviously someone f**king around and hit it at the right time. The other set of lights would have to phase through to red then allow a delay before chnaging the set yuo were sat at to green. Firing a laser wouldn't insta-switch everything, can you imagine the chaos...

I did think it could be coincidence but it was perfect spot on timing and the red just went straight to green. like you say there must have been some sort of relay so i proceeded with caution but nothing was coming

BMW 320d SE
you know if you flash your lights at some temp trafffic lights on red they will change to green.

Unfortunately that's wrong. Temporary traffic lights use radar to detect vehicles moving towards the lights. The sensor is the black box above the traffic light. You need to be moving at more than 5 mph to trigger the system into recognising that you are there and it needing to change the lights.

Unfortunately that's wrong. Temporary traffic lights use radar to detect vehicles moving towards the lights. The sensor is the black box above the traffic light. You need to be moving at more than 5 mph to trigger the system into recognising that you are there and it needing to change the lights.

Just as i thought :)

Megane Mk4
you know if you flash your lights at some temp trafffic lights on red they will change to green.

I thought that was a common myth
It is, they work on heat, not light or...

What he says too ;)

Chelsea tractor
correct_tick.gif

This is true.
wrong_cross.gif

;)