ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well done Renault!

Theyve fixed my car in under a day, spanking! I had to book it in last week and they told me its a 3 week wait so looks like i jumped the queue :)

Bye bye 172

Hello 1.2!

i got the most bog standard clio you can imagine for courtesy. so out of hate for renault I tanned the poor wee bugger to death:)

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Quote: Originally posted by ClioJohn on 11 March 2003

i got the most bog standard clio you can imagine for courtesy. so out of hate for renault I tanned the poor wee bugger to death:)
Well here I go again - another rant!

You get a FREE courtesy car from your dealer and its not top of the range so you get the hump and thrash the T*TS off it. What would you have done if it was a 172?

The dealers get slated off left right and centre even when they give you a FREE car for the day.

And the "OUT OF HATE FOR RENAULT" issue, nobody forced you to buy a Renault. If you dont like it trade it in for something else.

I wish you luck!

Bob RTE

Fair play, and i think i have to say, well said, lol it is fair u only get a bog standard one because everyone rags the tits off it when they get it!

Matt.

no worries, its true thoug, howver we all look forward to driving a courtesy car for the reasons u mentioned, lol, it aint ours so we aint bothered what happens to it! sad but true

Matt

172 Cup

With respect to BobRTEs comment if Ive paid for my 172 and something has to be fixed through no fault of my own why should I settle for a 1.2?

Fair enough if I purchased a1.2 in the first place then thats what I would expect but not when I paid for a 172!

If youd saved up for a 42" TV and you were told heres a portable while we take a week to fix it would you be happy?

if renault could gaurantee that everyone who was given the equivalent of their car was goin to treat it as if it were their own them i am sure they would! however they way most people see it is it aint mine, i dont care what happens to it aslong as i get my car fixed

matt

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Definition of a courtesy car.

To provide the customer with an alternative means of transport while their car is being repaired.

Cant see anything that says "OF THE SAME MODEL"

Its a COURTESY CAR - ITS FREE - IT GETS YOU FROM A TO B

What else do you want?

They could have said "Take the bus, get a taxi, take a walk!"

But they didnt, they gave you a car to use!

Rant over!

Bob RTE

172 Cup

LOL Bad day at Renault? Too many complaints?

No offence but that sounded like a typical lower market dealer response.

I think you are missing my point completely. Scenario - Someone buys a Cup from a dealer and pays in instalments (more money for Renault btw). Why should this person make payments on a Cup while being forced to drive an inferior model for however long Renault take to fix it.

I know plenty of people who have had 172s in for warranty work, some totaling over week at the dealers. You expect them to be "grateful" they get the pleasure of driving a base model?

There is probably plenty of people who agree, but what can they do when Renaults response is "be grateful"?

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

COULDNT BE BOTHERED TO EVEN GET INVOLVED WITH THIS ONE !!

WELL LETS BE FAIR EVERYDAY SOMEONE sl*gS OF RENAULT AND EVERYDAY IT LETS sl*g OF RENAULT !!

I COULD GO ON TO TELL YOU ABOUT RUNNING COSTS OF PUTTING HIGHER SPEC CARS ON AS COURTESY CARS, AND THAT WOULD LEAD TO CHARGING FOR THE USE OF COURTESY CARS, BUT WHAT GOOD WOULD IT DO !! I WOULD ONLY GET sl*gGED OFF.

172 Cup

Not at all mate. As a consumer the running costs of the courtesy cars are not my problem. At the end of the day I dont want to ever have to use a courtesy car.

Perhaps if they were costly to run then the customers cars would have a better build quality in the first place.

There seems to be this feeling of gratitude towards dealers allowing customers to use the courtesy car while the "new" car you have just paid £1000s for is being fixed. Why? Its the least we deserve.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

My courtesy car from Renault is an 02 reg Megane Dynamique + fully loaded, alpine 6 disc changer, air con, leccy roof, 1/2 leather etc.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by griff_90 on 11 March 2003

With respect to BobRTEs comment if Ive paid for my 172 and something has to be fixed through no fault of my own why should I settle for a 1.2?
Fair enough if I purchased a1.2 in the first place then thats what I would expect but not when I paid for a 172!

If youd saved up for a 42" TV and you were told heres a portable while we take a week to fix it would you be happy?

Can I add something to this? Has anyone ever had any petrol in their courtesy cars?

When my car was in the dealers for warranty work on three occasions early on its life, the cars I had all were showing below red on the fuel gauges. Renault must think that they run on thin air!!

Surely this isnt good for their cars as it must draw up sediment from the bottom of the fuel tanks! Or not?

GR7

Shiny red R32

Quote: Originally posted by Louise on 11 March 2003

My courtesy car from Renault is an 02 reg Megane Dynamique + fully loaded, alpine 6 disc changer, air con, leccy roof, 1/2 leather etc.
Maybe they think that girls are a bit more careful with cars, so gave you a better model Louise.

I let my car go down loads before filling up... usually till red light is on then a bit more.

As for no fuel on collection, I usually drive around till its on red before I take it back.. Always fill up courtesy cars in £5 loads..

Daz.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Daz

Maybe everyone else does that too! That is, apart from me, who would be far too embarrassed to ask for less than £10 worth of petrol!

Clio 1.6 16V

Afraid in some dealers they do look upon courtesy cars as being a good sales inticement. When I was diving my past 2.6 Audi estate and later Coupe S2, I never ever got a base model. Amongst some of the cars I did get were an S3, RS2, TT, Quattro estates etc. Most of the time they were above the market value of my own car. I personally respected this from my dealer and enjoyed driving them but didnt go out of my way to thrash them!

Neil

Hire places usually have a full tank, and when you return the car, you have to fill it again.. best way methinks.

Daz.

BMW Z4 2.5si Sport

Quote: Originally posted by GirlRacer on 11 March 2003

Quote: Originally posted by Louise on 11 March 2003

Maybe they think that girls are a bit more careful with cars, so gave you a better model Louise.
Possibly. I had to insure the thing myself though lol. Its such a nice car. Taking it to Southend on Sat.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

So you want petrol as well GR - maybe we could also provide a chauffer to go with it?

Bob RTE

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Whoa

The original post of this thread read:-

WELL DONE RENAULT

Must get back to my padded cell - real soon!

Someone PRAISING Renault.

Pass the valium

LOL

Bob RTE

When I had courtesy, they transferred the courtesy car to my insurance policy.. was a proper repair centre for my insurance company though.

Daz.

I had to read this post twice - it started off with RobFenn saying what a good job Renault had done, and ended up with everybody sl*gging Renault off.

Quite frankly, how many of you have owned cars made by a different manufacturer and had wonderful, fault free service from them? I doubt there are many of you. I have owned a lot of various makes of cars (a lot more than a lot of you on here - stands to reason since I am older than most of you on here, and have constantly driven somewhere between 15-25k miles per annum since I was 17) and I have rarely had faultless service from any garage, main dealer or not.

I also run the fleet at work, and we have mostly "executive" cars on the fleet, BMW 5/7 series, Mercedes, Porsche, Audi, Saab etc. and we do not get faultless service from those manufacturers either.

There are obviously some guys on here who work for Renault and are fanatically enough about their cars to be members of a Cliosport club, and there are many more of us who do not work for Renault, but are also fanatical enough about our Clios to be members of a Cliosport club.

If you really think Renault are so sh1t then sell your Renault and go and buy something that you think will offer you better service from the manufacturer.

I adore my car, and I would buy another one tomorrow because it is one of the best that I can buy and enjoy for the money - and thats something else you have to take into account, these cars dont cost what a BMW/Mercedes etc. cost - and I am sure you would all agree that to a very great extent with many things you buy in this life, you "get what you pay for".

There are at least 70 members who enjoyed a mega day out at Brands Hatch courtesy of Renault - didnt hear anybody sl*gging them off that day.

These comments are not aimed particularly towards those who have commented on this thread - they are more general than that, so please dont take any personal offence. :)

I dont work for Renault but I am loyal to my employer, and respect the guys that work for Renault for being loyal even though they have admitted on here that they know Renault is not perfect.

End of preach - sorry if anybody gets pi55ed off with me saying this, but we all have to listen to stuff we dont agree with or want to hear sometimes dont we?!?! :confused:

If only.....would be happy to have a Courtesy car to get me from A to B

Ive had my car in to Renault twice for warrenty work and both times have been told that all the Courtesy cars are out (could it be becouse I didnt buy my car from them??). First time cost me £20 for a taxi (one way) and the second time I waited.

My dealer has just been voted the best Renault Dealer in the UK, for customer care, sales etc, dont know who by though (Ive never been asked!!).

The service there is very good, but not outstanding as you would expect the best to be, and if they are the best then I can only guess what the others are like......

kis172.

my hubby has an 18month old (done 30,000k) mgzs 180 and can honestly say that he has had nothing but first class service from the MG/Rover dealership and the very few problems hes had have been fixed on the spot when he just called in to tell them.

BTW the same family who own the MG/Rover dealership also own the Renault dealership

Clio Williams 1, 182,197

Kis,

Sometimes there is a rainbow and at the end of it there is a pot of gold.

Your my pot of gold !!

Thank you for your sound and balanced comments !!

Yes myself and Bob, Ben and Jeremy are fanatical about Renault, so much so that after a day at work we spend time on here. Not just coz we love the punishment we take on here., But coz we try and help out people with problems and share our little bits of knowledge.

So much so, that often we take the offensive when people sl*g of Renault. Not perfect we know !! Just that we try ever so hard to please everybody and sometimes we get it wrong. Unfortunatly we do get involved in slanging matches and people dont seem to like it when we defend Renault.

They way i see it ! Is that if people want to sl*g of Renault then tell the dealer involved and try to rectify the problem, before sl*gging of Renault.

Just my own little contribution, before i go to my padded cell fitted with lateral airbags and join Bob with the valiam.

Good night all. May tomorrow be a pleasent day for you all.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

GirlRacer

You never fail to amuse me and keep me sane!

I will be your chofer and thanks for the correct spelling!

We all want more than we expect from anything we buy and cars are the second most expensive items we buy apart from bricks and mortar.

I really enjoy working for Renault and have done for some 20 years but at the end of the day, in a perfect world, dealers would not have to provide courtesy cars because your car would never go wrong or need a service as they would be just like you !

PERFECT!

LOL

Bob RTE

Leigh.....

if it wasnt for people like you and Bob, then I would loose faith in Renault, it seems that there is a general lack of genuine dealers so we are all on edge waiting to be ripped off. Im happy with my dealer being very good I always know, dispite any worries (most of us have or know someone who has, been ripped off in the past), that my car will be sorted properly and quickly (30mins) the last time :)

GR7

Shiny red R32

We always get a first class service from our BMW dealer too, and the car always comes back washed, dried and valeted.

Also, our local independent garage looks after its customers in exactly the same way, nothing is too much trouble for them and they really appreciate their customers, very often they dont even charge for small jobs, punctures and such like.