ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well the Trophy is in again!!

Lee

BMW M2C
A week last Thursday the Trophy went in for it's 12k service and a bit of warranty work.

The warranty work was knocking engine mounts, and a knock/rumble through the floor under your feet.

They serviced the car, did the brake pads and the mounts and topped up the power steering fliud to fix the knock!!!! Go figure.

Anyway it didn't fix it so I thought I'd give them a call and book it in. However this morning the temperature sensor starting doing it's little dance with the needle hoping up and down and the engine running on full choke. This has been getting worse over the last couple of weeks again.

I decided enough was enough, it's been fixed at least twice and in 6 times for it and they've still not cured it over the last 12 months, so today I've left them the car for as long as it takes to fix both of those issues. Renault UK have hired me a car while mine is in.

They also need to address the fact they scratched a wheel getting a bolt out and have bent a jacking point.

Fair play to Renault UK for hiring me a car and being okay about things, but as I said to the service guy who always looks after me. "I have zero confidence that they will fix either issue".

Fingers crossed.

Just waiting to see what crap Avis send me. I hope it's not an Almera again.

H22A7 Accord Type R
yea But if he sells it, guaranteed it will run tooty minteed for the new owner.......lol
Good luck Lee!

Lee

BMW M2C
I had an offer on Saturday. Misses cousin couldn't believe it was parked on the drive.

I love the car though. I'm so confused. lol

Craig

ClioSport Club Member
  E46 330i tourer
jeez you have nothing but problems with it. ill take it off your hands:rasp:

A clio
ive had an offer from some guy in an brand new s2000. He wanted some extra money off me for the swap. Took me all of 1 second to say no

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Lee said:
I had an offer on Saturday. Misses cousin couldn't believe it was parked on the drive.

I love the car though. I'm so confused. lol

Why confused.

Protected ncb. Galon of petrol and a box of matches. Job done.

Why do Renault need to hire you a car? You'd have thought, what with being a car manufacturer and all, they might have a vehicle knocking about that you could use!?!?!

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got a 206 Sport thing. 1.4 with a nice silver gearknob and pedals. Better than the Almera I got last time.

Because I just dumped my car on them they had no courtesy cars so they had to hire something for me.

197 is tempting, but the Trophy is special.:eek:

Lee

BMW M2C
The faults aren't really the issue for me, it's the fact that the dealer can't fix them!!!

Turbo'd MX-5 MK4
Lee said:
The faults aren't really the issue for me, it's the fact that the dealer can't fix them!!!

yep, same thing I have experienced, thankfully my issues are things I can live with. But its not good.

Renaults don't have faults they have features hence there's no need to fix them! Well that's what my local dealers say.

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
Lee said:
And me. Renault Sport track days to be doing.

Is the Cup all sorted now?

Running like a dream at last :)

Planning on Donnington on the 25th June if you're interested? (you're welcome to a few laps in mine if yours isn't ready) and Oulton for the renaultsport day on 30th June.

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
No offence mate but this is your 3rd or forth renault sport.
You must know by now they are a pain in the ass?
Id sell it on while the prices on the trophy are still high and buy and audi if you want an easy life.
I guess the crap the clio throws up makes the car more interesting?
Hope you get it sorted.

Clart

ClioSport Club Member
they can't be that bad if he's bought 3 new ones! Chances are he'd buy another too

Clio 197
Lee,

You seem to do well with getting co-operation from RUK.

I've had numerous problems, which have never been fixed.

Who on earth do you contact to make things happen? Everytime I ring customer services, they give me the same old b****cks about going back to my dealer.

The local dealer here now charges £15 per day for a courtesy car, so, if they "find no faults" then I have to fork out.

It's bloody rediculous.

Send me on the right track will ya?!

Oms. :)

Lee

BMW M2C
Don't tempt me Miles, I loved Donny. I'll just do Oulton this month as it's road tax time and I'll need new fronts after one more track day.

Omar, with the previous incident it was a an absolute farce, but RUK did all they could to resolve it and compensated me accordingly. With the current issue I went in and spoke to the guy I deal with in service. He called RUK Customer Service on my behalf and they had no issue with hiring me a car for the duration of the work. I didn't go off on one and was as calm as I possibly could be. In all honesty I feel sorry for Chris in service as he has to deal with me and the problems aren't his fault.

When Chris gave them my reg they found it a bit quickly, I think my car is quite well known at RUK. lol

Iain, this one has been the worst of the 3. The previous 2 only had the strut top problem and of course the exhaust. It's tough because I really love the car and can't think of anything under £20k new that I really, really want.

Would I buy another? Of course I would, if it ticked all the fun boxes.

BMW 330d :)
Just goes to show you what us renaultsport owners put up with, as long as it puts a smile on our faces! The cars are cheaply made but improvements have to be made to the design, manufacture and production of the cars. Hopefully the 197 will readdress this. If not I wont be buying another one.

Lee said:
I've got a 206 Sport thing. 1.4 with a nice silver gearknob and pedals. Better than the Almera I got last time.

Because I just dumped my car on them they had no courtesy cars so they had to hire something for me.

197 is tempting, but the Trophy is special.:eek:

They didn't even hire you a Renault, that doesn't show much trust in their own brand, says it all really.

Lee

BMW M2C
Viv172 said:
They didn't even hire you a Renault, that doesn't show much trust in their own brand, says it all really.

They don't get a say in the matter. They just call Avis and request a Class B car. I guess Avis know better than using Renault. lol

The Pug is quite nice. Feels torquey for a 1.4 and the chassis is fluid, the steering is a bit like that on a CTR, gets heavier but tells you nothing.

Lee

BMW M2C
I've just called the garage to find out what's going on, to say my blood is boiling once again would be an understatement.

Knocking/rumbling though the floor at the front. - Tightened steering rack and associated bits. Note, they don't actually say it's fixed it, just what they did!! I know where my money would go.

Wheel scratch - needs to talk to a manager. Easy, give me £100 service voucher and I'll say no more.

Bent jacking point - apparently fixed

I've saved the best till last, the temperature sensor problem. Apparently they can't get it to do it. So I pointed out that it doesn't matter if they can't get it to do it as the CLIP shows no fault so why do they need to reproduce the fault? When they managed in the past they obviously failed to fix it so why should this time be any different? I could do the job they do. They have a fault....look it up on the system and apply the fix. If that doesn't work they give up, they aren't mechanics. Seeing as they've done all they have been told they are now at a lose end. It's on it's 3rd sensor, 2nd connector and 2nd loom. Apparently the wiring is fine.

I reckon they left it running parked up, when it's obvious it's movement that effects it.

I think I'll go get my overalls and go and poke about at it in their garage. I can hardly do a worse job.:mad:

Now awaiting the outcome as to what's happening with the temp sensor and wheel.

Oh, one last thing. The drips of oil in my garage the other day could be gearbox oil, so they've cleaned it up and have asked I go back in 2k miles time.

Tesla MP3 2021
dont they just piss you off..
mine is also finally back after 1.5 weeks....

hope you get it sorted asap fella