ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Well the Trophy is in again!!

Lee

BMW M2C
Just had a call from Renault CS. I have the courtesy until Thursday now. They want the car longer.

Lee

BMW M2C
Another update. One of the guys wants to take my car home tonight and drive it in tomorrow morning hoping the fault will occur.

This doesn't make sense to me as previously when it was doing it the CLIP showed no faults. I can show them a video of it happening so it's not like anything will be gained from someone using my car.

The Tube
It always makes me shudder when I hear of technicians wanting to take cars home....
Can't you take him for a spin and show him the prob Lee?

Lee

BMW M2C
I've said I'd rather they didn't.

It never happens when I take them out, yet it did it my entire 21 mile drive in on Monday. I can show them the video of it happening.

I don't get it, others have had the problem and had it fixed!

Lee

BMW M2C
Roy Munson said:
I thought Renault had this problem logged in their system FFS! It's happened to enough cars. Retards.

So did I mate. It seems that all they are capable of doing is what's on the system, if that doesn't fix it then they're screwed.

Why do they need to take it home to test drive it? :S

Mines in for the 3rd time with the same problem, the traction control/service light, each time they do the same adjustment, each time it doesn’t work, even I can work out that there must be something else causing it!

Lee

BMW M2C
Viv172 said:
Why do they need to take it home to test drive it? :S

Because it's a longer distance I assume. More normal driving conditions too, all stop start in traffic.

I hope they put some petrol in as it was empty when I left it with them.

Cue

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy #274
Lee said:
The faults aren't really the issue for me, it's the fact that the dealer can't fix them!!!

all dealers are the same, bunch of no-hopers who start as grease junkies and 'qualify' through shitty tests to prove they can change some oil.

when a problem comes up that's technical they scratch their heads, tell you some bullshit story, charge you an arm & a leg and send you packing - IT people do the same (switch it off and back on) anything that involves a bit of work.

Give 'em a hammer and a wrentch and they are th A-team, what a laugh.

Lee

BMW M2C
Just had a call from the garage. They couldn't get it to happen. They are going to speak to Renault UK customer support again and get back to me. Looks like I'll be getting it back tomorrow with the problem still there.

Lee said:
Just had a call from the garage. They couldn't get it to happen. They are going to speak to Renault UK customer support again and get back to me. Looks like I'll be getting it back tomorrow with the problem still there.

Dude you should show them this thread and point them to this - I HAD THE SAME ISSUE, AS HAVE DOZENS UPON DOZENS OF OTHER CUSTOMERS. WHY DONT YOU BLOODY MORONS **LOG** THESE KINDS OF FAULTS SO THAT FUTURE CUSTOMERS CAN BE HELPED.

Frankly I'm DISGUSTED to know that the hell some of us have been through, has been for no reason - Renault simply dont learn do they.

Viv172 said:
Mines in for the 3rd time with the same problem, the traction control/service light

Thats interesting to know mate, since mine has the same fault just recently developed and getting more frequent. I'm booked in for my 24k service this weekend and when I take it in, I was going to mention this - I'll keep this thread updated as to the results of that (if Lee doesnt mind the small hijack)

I also have the STOP & brake light coming on sometines but I know that's because my front pads are very low, which should also be addressed at the 24k service (cant be arsed to do it myself)

I'm just utterly baffled that RUK are so ignorant of these fairly common issues. Totally lame.

Inferno 182
Lee- i had the temperture problem on my missus's 182 cup when it was cold it juddered about because it thought it was hot and when hot it ran like crap because it was putting the choke on. i spoke to a friend who owns Ware Garage near Hertford and he said it was a common problem that Renault are aware off. Booked it in local dealer at Rugby and it was fixed first time
I know the service manager down there so will find out what they changed so let me know if you have no joy.

Inferno 182
Roy - Sorry to hijack thread but mine us also got the STOP and brake light on intermittently but not when braking and only done 15k do the pads go this quick,i do drive it hard though:)

Lee

BMW M2C
The fix that's on the system only applies to cars before a certain date, mine is younger than that so had it from the factory. They still re did it as is states on the system but it obviously didn't fix it.

dazbav said:
Roy - Sorry to hijack thread but mine us also got the STOP and brake light on intermittently but not when braking and only done 15k do the pads go this quick,i do drive it hard though:)

The pad wear is indicated, indirectly, by fluid level, so the warning can come on at any time, usually when cornering fairly hard. Mine have done 24k but a lot of that has been motorway miles, so yours could easily be toast after 15k if you drive it like you stole it.

Lee said:
The fix that's on the system only applies to cars before a certain date, mine is younger than that so had it from the factory. They still re did it as is states on the system but it obviously didn't fix it.

Only proves that the factory fix did sweet FA to solve the problem, presuming its even true that there was a fix of any kind for factory cars. Either way, the fault is known - if there was a factory fix (which I doubt there ever was) then RUK would know what it was fixing and why, and so know exactly what the underlying cause has always been. The reality is they are clutching at straws and are clueless as to how to solve the problem, much less understand what the problem actually is in the 1st place. Really quite disturbing. Its a sensor and a bloody wire, how f**king hard can it be?

Do Renault actually employ any electrical engineers at all in the entire world?

Lee

BMW M2C
Guess what. As usual they did nothing to fix the problem as they couldn't replicate it. I drove the car from the dealership to work, which is about 2 miles, probably about as far as their test drive route!

My drive home on the other hand is 21 miles. All the way home the needle was planted firmly at the bottom of the gauge. A phone call to RUK and Renault Birmingham is on the cards tomorrow.

TVO

S1 Elise (ex Cup owner)
I can't believe that with the amount of times your car has been in for the same problem that they can just give it you back with a 'sorry can't find anything'!!!!!

It must be trying even your patience now? Hope you get it sorted mate.

A well built VW
I know how you feel my car is a regular in my local Renault mostly for warranty work and on several occassions i have had to correct the actual service manager who is an absolute c o c k - I guess i was lucky and my clio ran for three years faultlessly in a way i suppose i was psoilt as the meggy is a pain in the t i t s and i would trade it in if i could Heres hoping they fix it for you ... Have you asked Edde if there is a common fix for it or a ref number you could quote

Mondeo STTDCI
Lee said:
Guess what. As usual they did nothing to fix the problem as they couldn't replicate it. I drove the car from the dealership to work, which is about 2 miles, probably about as far as their test drive route!

My drive home on the other hand is 21 miles. All the way home the needle was planted firmly at the bottom of the gauge. A phone call to RUK and Renault Birmingham is on the cards tomorrow.

I cant belive they cant fix that...SO many have been fixed for it!