ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went into Back of BMW HELP PLS?

Clio 172
Hey all,

What with all this icy weather we have had, a woman breaked in front of me and my car has slid into the back of her 120d BMW in Metalic Grey :(

Perfect end to a perfect day. Anyways --> My car has a lovely dent in the bonnet, has a cracked passenger light, and a cracked bumper and grill.

Anyone got any of these parts / know anyone who has them? If posssible in flame red otherwise if not will respray!

Her car just needs a new rear bumper (which fingers crossed shouldnt be huge amounts) Also where i hit her i cant open my bonnet as it has completely shifted ... thus when i try and lock the car the alarm goes off - any ideas how to override this?

Thanks everyone. Tom

Da

Less
You can deactivate the bonnet sensor, you need to get in the car and switch your ignition on and off the required number of times, then jump out and quickly lock the car. The alarm will beep the required number of times to signify the sensor is disabled.

I'll just check how many times you need to switch the ign on and off.

Da

Less
He can't open it Scott ;)

Tom, get in the car and turn the key in the ignition to stage 2 (don't start it) then get out and arm the car. It should beep once to signify that the boot, bonnet and door sensors have been disabled.

The interior ultrasonics will still work, as will the other features of the alarm/immobiliser.

Clio 172
Thanks for that DA, it works fine now :) any one any ideas where i can get a front bumper? Struggling from Clio Spares and scrap yards :(

Also how easy is it to get a nice 20cm diameter dent out of the bonnet? Are they double skinned? Im assuming its going to be a new bonnet job which is £200 sprayed and fitted.

Thanks again, Tom

145db Euro'd clio
get someone to hold the bonnet release catch open and go thump down on the bonet with your fists whilst their holdng it open, this should free the bonnet so you can open it and straighten out anything that is stopping it from opening.

Clio 172
Ok ... So here goes - have had the damage assessed by 2 body shops and wanted to let you guys know to gauge how reasonable the prices are (THEY SEEM A LOT!)

1st dealer --> £450 to spray, and fit new bonnet and bumper (if i buy the bonnet, bumper and headlight)

2nd dealer --> £350.00 to spray the bonnet and bumper (again if i buy all the parts and fit them myself)

Do these sound reasonable? As it sounds rather expensive. The cheapest ive found a bonnet is £100, the headlight is gonna be like £100 and the bumper about £50

So that means its going to be about £450 + £100 + £100 + 50 = £700!!!

OUCH. Anyone able to help? Im willing to travel as far as needed!

Thanks Tom

Clio 172
Thanks for that Mike. Unfortunately going at 6mph in queuing traffic there isnt much you can do when your wheels and brakes lock because some stupid idiot infront decides to break suddenly! :(

172 cup
for a decent quality job that sounds about rite. Have you got prices on having them sprayed before you fit them? Far easyier job for them

If you shop around you might find a little bit cheaper, but you pay for quality at end of day

Clio 172
ok sorry ... my bad! just a little stressed out! lol. found a headlight for £50 today though :)

thanks for confirming the price. Tom

E87 118d M Sport
at the end of the day mate, you should of left a bigger gap.

please dont think im having a go at you, but if you go into someone its your fault. regardless of the weather or whether they brake suddenly.

you should be leaving an even bigger gap in the ice.

i know its not what you wanna hear, but theres no point blaming her when it was your fault.

where abouts are you based? the guy that repaired mine is cheap and does a fantastic job.

172 Ph1,Golf GTI PDI
If your fully comp i would just go through insurance,
if her bumper is knackered expect a big enough bill to warrant it.
My mate pinged his e39 into the back of someone and its got 5000 worth of damage......

Clio 172
at the end of the day mate, you should of left a bigger gap.

please dont think im having a go at you, but if you go into someone its your fault. regardless of the weather or whether they brake suddenly.

you should be leaving an even bigger gap in the ice.

i know its not what you wanna hear, but theres no point blaming her when it was your fault.

where abouts are you based? the guy that repaired mine is cheap and does a fantastic job.

Im based in Oxford. And at the end of the day mistakes are made ... no going back now!

Clio 172
If your fully comp i would just go through insurance,
if her bumper is knackered expect a big enough bill to warrant it.
My mate pinged his e39 into the back of someone and its got 5000 worth of damage......

Just noticed your in Westfield ... my parents are in Battle so can get down there easy!