ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Went out in my friend's 182

Partner's Astra SRi
...and it was brilliant. I want one even more now!!

I've never actually been in one before. It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even got to drive it for a bit. WOW. I SO want one. I can't even get an insurance quote though. Direct line told me I have to be 25 for them to give me a quote!!

Anyway, just wanted to share that with everyone :D

Partner's Astra SRi
Maybe its coz I only have 1 years no claims. Only been driving since Feb and had my Clio since Nov 2006

b/g 182, meg tourer
...and it was brilliant. I want one even more now!!

I've never actually been in one before. It was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I even got to drive it for a bit. WOW. I SO want one. I can't even get an insurance quote though. Direct line told me I have to be 25 for them to give me a quote!!

Anyway, just wanted to share that with everyone :D

i was with direct line on my 182 when i was 21!

ITB'd 182...
im 19 and i managed to insure my 182 in my own name. 1 yrs no claims and 3 points :S

Partner's Astra SRi
Yeah. A lot of them say "Cannot quote with the information provided" and I give all the required info!!

b/g 182, meg tourer
Ah-ha Elephant quoted me:

£1710.63

How much do you lot pay??

well i pay £960ish now but im 22 with 3years ncb 3points
when i was 21 i had 2 years ncb and 3 points. was paying about £1100

hoping it goes down next time round i will be 23 with 4 years ncb :)

Clio 182 FF/Cup Packs
Lucky me, 24, 6 years NCB, 3 points, fully comp, £454 inc business use with Direct Line :D

my excess is about £650 though :eek:

when i was 18 no ncb a corsa 1.4 sport cost me £1960 TPFT!!

Da

Less
£420 FC with Privilege! Full no claims and aged 26! ;)
Oh and I have the defecit of being male too! :rasp:

Partner's Astra SRi
A different friend of mine just got a quote for £877! But she has 3 years ncb and no points. She got it with admiral (sneaky tip she gave me. She added her dad as a named driver...might try that!)

If you are young and have very little or no NCB then a parent added to the policy as a named driver will usually bring the quote down. It's going on the assumption that some of the annual milage you have quoted will be covered by them. As they are seen as less of a risk than you the quote drops.

Partner's Astra SRi
I think I'm just going to have to give up and wait til I've been driving for longer. Only been driving since February anyway.

It will be my ambition though to get a 172 or a 182

Partner's Astra SRi
im with direct line and got quoted at 23 so you shouldnt really have a problem unless its post code related etc.

directline quote 800, 4ncb, 23

Does that happen then? Can you be refused a quote due to the post code?????
We have a lot of chavved up cars round here.....