ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

were is starter motor on clio 172 cup 2003

clio172 cup
hi my car wont start read a couple theads people saying to give the starter motor a wack were is it??

Cheers

106 GTI
get someone to hold the key on, then lean over the drivers side wing and go between pipe 2+3 on the mani, should see a black cylinder on the block

Clio 172 cup
try putting it in gear and take the handbrake off and rock it backwards and forwards, if you have a sticky starter the fly will turn the starter over, if that dont work mate you prob need a new starter, and its a right ball ache to change, i had to do mine not long ago, and gotta do my mates soon also test your battery to, let us know how it goes mate

106 GTI
try putting it in gear and take the handbrake off and rock it backwards and forwards, if you have a sticky starter the fly will turn the starter over, if that dont work mate you prob need a new starter, and its a right ball ache to change, i had to do mine not long ago, and gotta do my mates soon also test your battery to, let us know how it goes mate

Thats if the starter sticks not the solenoid

'02 Monaco Blue 172
have you got the revised TDC sensor, if not, this is definatley worth checking, mine was struggling to start a lot, changed this last week and its been fine since!
What are the symptoms? does it turn over?

Clio 172 cup
yeah anyway what ever, clio starter motors are crap and are always goin, are all the lights comin on? but when you try to start the engine noting happens?

Clio sport 172
Hello all, sorry to bring up an old thread my 172 (02 plate) is not starting it's doing exactly what Chris ward says, what is the best way to change the starter motor? Up in the air on a ramp or from above? Thanks law