ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wests Widetracked Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
Re: Flame Red DCI 80 Sport Rep

no, the pipes are different. from what is already there. you can kinda see it here

Photo025.jpg

Discounted 1*2 parts

Jobs being carried out tomorrow :)

Rear disc conversion
Fit 15mm spacers
108k service
Fit Parrot / iPod kit

Will upload pics ASAP :)

Discounted 1*2 parts

Decided to give the DCI a quick wash and polish this afternoon :)

Method:
  • Snowfoam (what little I had left!)
  • 2BM with AG shampoo
  • Dried with Megs Water Magnet
  • Poorboys Black Hole
  • Megs tyre gel
  • Tesco (finest!) back to black for splitter, bumper insert, scuttle and mirror backings
Was going to wax but started to run out of light and motivation!!

Also raised the rear coilovers up approx 10mm to make it sit a little more even!!

Before pics

P1010823.jpg

P1010829.jpg

P1010825.jpg

P1010826.jpg

P1010827.jpg

P1010828.jpg

P1010820.jpg

P1010822.jpg

P1010821-1.jpg

Prepped for washing. Door mouldings and number plates removed to clean behind them.

P1010830.jpg

P1010831.jpg

P1010832.jpg

Tools!! As you can see not a lot of snowfoam left!

P1010833.jpg

After shots.

P1010838.jpg

P1010834.jpg

P1010839.jpg

P1010836.jpg

P1010840.jpg

P1010837.jpg

P1010835.jpg

P1010845.jpg

P1010844.jpg

P1010846.jpg

Also replaced the centre cap bolts with some shiney new ones!!

P1010842.jpg

P1010843.jpg

Discounted 1*2 parts

Had the service done last month but didn't get a chance to do the other bits. So my plans for this month are....
  • Rear disc conversion
  • Fit 15mm spacers
  • Fit parrott/ipod kit
  • Spray & fit cup spoiler
  • Fit xenon lights from 182
  • Fit standard badges from 182
  • Fit sport steering wheel from 182
  • 3/4 size front plate

e92 330i

Looks great that tom! Flamers always come up a treat, look forward to seeing the other mods carried out!

Discounted 1*2 parts

Clicked over another 10,000 miles last night (crappy pic from iPhone!)

110000.jpg

Also another pic from when I washed it (resized it though for my avatar!)

P1010839.jpg

Last edited:

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5

Looks good mate. Mine has just had the cambelt done, same colour as yours but completly standard.

Good on the MPG!

Discounted 1*2 parts

I wouldnt fit the sport wheel, its too big.

Looked better on the old wheels too.

Yea, I'm starting to prefer the TD 1.2's too, and mpg was much better also.

I want the sport wheel as I plan on fitting cruise control too and the current wheel is shagged!

Would fit a sabelt wheel, but don't want to loose the drivers airbag when we are doing 20k a year!

Clio dci

Not bad ey! DCI boys giving 182 owners ideas ;)

Hi there mate completely new to the site today! Just stumbled across your thread mate your car is bang on! The reason I found it is that I’m doing the exact same thing to my misses Clio and was looking into info on if it was possible to change the front wheel hubs ect. The one thing I have noticed is that the shafts need changing and that the Clio I’m working on is a mk2 on a 06 plate with a hydraulic clutch with in a jh3 box and I’m presuming they don’t fit because the shafts I’ve got to use are from an 02 with a different gearbox set up. I thought I’d ask as you work on these beauties everyday which shafts I need to source to complete it properly? Hope you don’t mind Chris

Discounted 1*2 parts

Hi Chris, not sure which shafts you will need with the jh3 box. Luckily mine had the jc5 box like the sports so I could use the complete 172 setup. Not sure if any other Renault shafts would work or if u would need to get some custom made

Discounted 1*2 parts

Right, doing the rear disc conversion as we speak but having issues with the ABS sensors.

Do the DCI ABS sensors fit into the 172 hubs?

Problem I'm having is that both sets of ABS sensors are seized solid so may damage them getting them out :S

Discounted 1*2 parts

Rear conversion done.

The standard 172 ABS sensors and the original DCI ABS sensors wouldn't fit, so ended up sourcing some from a 1.6 clio (with discs as standard) which fitted fine.

Next issue was the ph1 172 handbrake cables were far too short, so we ended up extending the thread on the handbrake lever by 2 inches. Job done!

Everything else was relatively straight forward.

Few pictures from the conversion, will be getting the cup spoiler, spacers and 3/4 number plate done this week :)

OLD/NEW BITS!

P1010993.jpg

DISC HUB ON

P1010994.jpg

DISC ON

P1010995.jpg

COMPLETED

P1010998.jpg

XENONS ON

P1010997.jpg

PARROTT KIT INSTALLED

P1020002.jpg

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v

glad you got it sorted. i think we where confused what each other was meaning about the abs sensors haha.

Renault Clio 1.5DCI

How easy was the Parrot kit to install ? any chance of some more pics?

Cheers

JP

Discounted 1*2 parts

glad you got it sorted. i think we where confused what each other was meaning about the abs sensors haha.

Lol.

The original DCI ABS sensors wouldn't work because of the angle the wire came out at. They wouldn't fit in the disc hub without the cable being kinked.

The original 172 ABS sensors I had wouldn't work because they had the wrong connectors on the end.

So I ended up taking a punt and using a set of ABS sensors from a non sport with discs as standard, and fortunately they worked a treat!

Discounted 1*2 parts

How easy was the Parrot kit to install ? any chance of some more pics?

Cheers

JP

I didn't fit it, had my guys in the workshop do it, but only took them 20/30 minutes tops. It comes with all the instructions etc. Was just a case of wiring it into the back of the head unit and feeding the aux cable down to the cup holders. The control pad is literally just stuck onto that panel and connects wirelessly to the rest of the system.

What would you like pictures of?

Renault Clio 1.5DCI

ahh right ok, i was hoping that if you had fitted it yourself, you maybe had some pics of where you mounted all the kit?

Nice car aswell, keep up the good progress :)

Cheers

JP

Discounted 1*2 parts

You literally take the headunit out and plug in a couple connectors. Shove all the wiring down behind the radio and route the aux cable to the cup holder

Discounted 1*2 parts

Disaster struck yesterday, sounds like the gearbox has gone bang, so it's coming out monday/tuesday to inspect :(

Typical after doing all this work!

Last edited: