ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet Track Day Tyres

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Can anyone recommend me some? I love my R888's for the dry but what can I get for the wet? These wet tyre's will be used for on the road too but not to worried about wear.

172 Race Car
Nowt wrong with the R888's on a wet track

But as a comprimise for road and wet track, id say PE2's.

172 Ph1, Lupo GTI
I've been using the Dunlop DZ03's and even in the wet they seem absolutely fine, I'd even go so far as to say that they were better in the wet than the toyo T1R road tyres i had on before

Yoko parada spec 2's aren't too bad. I did a wet day at Snetterton and they were great. Have a look on ebay, they are cheeeap.

Iceberg Ph1
Don't do track, but as for road use, the Paradas I hated them, I had them on the rear for a few months and nearly lost control of my car umpteen times. switch to a set of Pirelli P6000.. car now sticks like sh!t to a blanket, to put it nicely haha

Danny is right, r888's are great in the wet, you just have to avoid puddles as they wont deal with standing water aswell.

Don't do track, but as for road use, the Paradas I hated them, I had them on the rear for a few months and nearly lost control of my car umpteen times. switch to a set of Pirelli P6000.. car now sticks like sh!t to a blanket, to put it nicely haha

You must have had your tyre pressure too hard or something, I have found them great in the wet. Either that or your trying far too hard when its wet, as losing the arse end is something that has never happened to me. Lift off over steer maybe??

Iceberg Ph1
You must have had your tyre pressure too hard or something, I have found them great in the wet. Either that or your trying far too hard when its wet, as losing the arse end is something that has never happened to me. Lift off over steer maybe??

Tyres are always inflated to correct pressure, I check at least once a week..
As for trying to hard.. I don't see how slow speed on roundabouts could be considered :rasp:

Use to have a Ford Focus and plough through roundabouts with out a single slip using the P6000, had Paradas once and ended up writing my car off skidding into a lamp post after some tit cut me up, I had NO grip what so ever.. When I got my 172 and it had these fitted I kept them for a few weeks and whipped P6000 on, no more slippage..
I have also seen comment on here about the 'iffyness' of the Paradas, so I know I am not the only one..

The problem with paradas is the fact they arent progressive. You can give them death but when it goes its gone. I lost it in the wet after giving them death, 70+ round corners I wouldnt attempt in the dry. When s**t happens at that speed you need some progression to know your on the limit imo

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Did Donington in monsoon conditions with R888's very suprised how they coped.

alien green rs133
wish people would stop pissing around with road tyres and "copeing" in the wet

ftzwet%20copy.gif

track/race wet tyres that are also road legal.. win surely!!!!

^^ that is WIN right there, but id prefer full dunlop race wets!

i used my dunlop dz03g's for a evening session at the 'ring in constant rain, think i managed 7 laps on them none stop lapping, grip levels were fine, but next year i hope to be on full slicks / wets

alien green rs133
we found dunlops wear quicker than the silverstones tbh and are more expensive. with same level fo grip ...

but i suppose your paying for the brand with dunlop.

silverstone tyres are a weird lot as there road tyres are phish but race/track tyres are mint.

the other similar story i can use is hanc0ck tyres, decent road tyres but utter rubbish on the track :S

what ever track/race wet tyre you go for its gonna be better than a road tyre as it will of had more money spent on the design and compound :d

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
yes please give info of the tyres in the 2 pics. Very interested. I know they r wet track tyres, but what are they like in the dry on the road?

Parada II's are absoultely abysmal in the wet. Worse than T1R's by a substantial amount.
I find them great, miles better than T1-r's.

I did a Snetterton track day and it proper pissed down, they were fine, I kept up with loads of people and certainly never had any issues or 'moments'.

Lionel Richie
T1-R's are not bad in the wet, you need to drop the pressures right down, we managed fine with a 240bhp clio, organic traction control had to be on sometimes

J9HHY

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Silver Cup
Thinking them silverstone track wets then, just wanna find out price and what they r like in the dry on the road?

im pretty sure those silverstone wets will not be E marked and will be for circuit use only.

best all round road tyre ive used for wet/dry/track/ring was the PE2, 205/50/15 86W

used Parada's on the road/track/wet track days this year and they have been terrible, dunlop dz03g for dry track/wet but no standing water, they were shocking on the road in heavy rain

Audi TT 225 Quattro
goodyear eagle f1 gsd3 are brilliant in the wet, never let me down at a pissing down brands:D

E30 318iS x2
Any cut slick is crap in the wet no matter what any one says, they just aren't designed for it!

We use Uniroyal rainsports on our race car and they're very good.

Uniroyal%20rain%20sport1.jpg