ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Wet weather track tyre choice....

Track 172cup
I'll be getting a set of R888's for use on track when it's dry/damp but i am looking to get a a set of tyres specifically for the wet (and to do long journeys on when i travel down to england for track days to save wear on the R888's as it will be about an 800 mile round trip).

As i've never had any of the following tyres i'm just wondering if anyone has had first hand experience of them and what would be the grippiest in the wet ?

My short list so far (and they are all about £35 a tyre so discounting PE2's as they are about £50)

Hankook V12 Evo
Uniroyal Rainsports
Toyo Proxes 4
Hankook S1 Evo

Vee 6
Like you i'm going for 888's on a spare rims for Knockhill,
I've got a set of Uniroyal's on it just now and very happy with them.

Track 172cup
Knockhill will be where i'll be at most of the time aswell mate, you go up there much ?

good to hear about the Uniroyals, they were my first thought when going for wets but i know the Hankook V12's are a good tyre but not too sure how good they are in the wet ?

How much better than your average tyre would you say the Uniroyals are in the wet ? Really noticable/marginal ?

Vee 6
Just building the car up for next year, Thankfully the car came with them fitted. Gaz. on here had them fitted and told me that he was happy with them. I have'nt driven it in anger on track yet, But it feels well planted ragging about town.

weemark

ClioSport Club Member
  197 CUP
The toyo proxes 4 are what come standard on the evo x fq400, so they must be quite a good tyre!. Ive been using r888 up knockhill for the past year, wet or dry! been looking to get a set of wets for this year though.

I don't rate any of those 4, PE2's were excellent in the wet but in the wet this year I've stuck with the Dunlop dz03g's very like 888's

gunna use Dunlop race wets next year on track