ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

wet wheely lol

clio 172
i looked at my spear wheel and there is water in the well were the tyer is ..i have puled 1 of the plugs out to drain the water out and dryed off the well .why would this happen ?????????????????????????????????????:dapprove::dapprove::dapprove::dapprove:

reson i noticed was becouse some 1 hit me from behind and i checked to make sure if there was damage inside .but i dont no if this is becouse off them hiting me .it wasent a bad push but need new bumper and the bumper dosent situnder the light as it should but isont that bad ,.,.

thanks avit :rasp:

mk1 clio hybrid
it could be the black seal that runs around the boot its self the best thing to do is dry everything off and soak it with a hose pipe and see if u can see were the water is gettin in

Clio Sport 172
Not sure about Clio's but on most cars the water gets in aroud the rear lights. Put somebody in the boot with a torch and spray the whole rear with a hose.

if youve got a sunroof, shut all the doors and windows and the air vents, and put the hose in the sunroof, wait till it fills up and see where the water leaks out!!

clio 172
yeh your right thanks every1 i will try this and see if its the ruber or light .if not i will try and xsplain in better txt next time to sory.its a 55plate

bit of a stupid question...but have you changed the tyre at any point..

i.e

have you put a wheel that has been "damp" into the spare wheel well..?

clio 172
bit of a stupid question...but have you changed the tyre at any point..

i.e

have you put a wheel that has been "damp" into the spare wheel well..?

tbh i have never ever checked it ino that sounds silly but i have only had the car under 5 weeks and its still under warenty .thinking about it i should have cheacked that wehn i bought it as it was from wilsons epsom used cars ,:dapprove::eek:

Oil Burner
Try the two little round rubber seals about 6 inches up the boot frame (from the bottom)

On my old clio these worked loose, water would get drawn in them in really bad wet motorway spray and ended up with a puddle under my rear seats and a wet carpet in boot.

clio 172
Try the two little round rubber seals about 6 inches up the boot frame (from the bottom)

On my old clio these worked loose, water would get drawn in them in really bad wet motorway spray and ended up with a puddle under my rear seats and a wet carpet in boot.

My first 172 boot was full of water, drained it and it never happened again?

thanks i have dryed and cleand very well left the house on the car 4 about 25 30 minites wile i walked to the shop come back and its as dry as gandys flip flop so happy it wasant becouse of the bump ,,,,

mk1 clio hybrid
if its still under warrnty mate i would do the easy thing and put it into the dealersip and let some1 else find the problem as it wont cost u anything uv got nowt to loose.