ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What’s normal idle RPM

My willy idles at around 1000rpm, is that too much? :oops: It sounds like its working quite hard. Should I have the idle speed checked? Is it something I can do myself (being not very mechanically inclined)

Depends on a lot of things.

I dont have a Williams, but mine was idling at 1250ish this morning in the cold!

Mine starts at 1000rpm, it then goes down over the space of about a minute to about 800, mine is wierd when it idles, the revs go up and down

Mine idles at 900RPMs when its warmed up mate. But obviously more when u start it up in the cold.

No suprise if it idles 1250ish in the cold just like Dazs.

Bloody hell fellas, you sure post replys quick here!! :eek: hehe

Anyways...

Yeah, mine starts at about 1200ish, but never goes below 1000, even when warm. My old RSI used to idle at around 600 so I really noticed the difference when I got the williams. Im mainly worried Im burning more petrol than I need to. Something else to check when I get my service I suppose...

Oh by the way...I had my wheel bearings changed recently and got charged about £70 for each one (need three changing, two front, one rear). Is that about the right price or was I ripped? He says they are proper Renault ones...

Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

My car idles at 900-1100rpm depending on conditions I think a 600rpm idle is really low. If you wanted MPG youve bought the wrong car its so addictive thrapping it through the gears!