ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What 182 to go for?

I know i will get biased comments but on a whole wondering what car would people say is the best to have out of the 182's?

I myself am looking for all the gadgets, the recaros and really good suspension (although prob get H&R's eventually), can you get a pack that has both the recaros and all the toys?

Seems alot like the Trophy, is this because it has one colour and is L.Edition and also has superior chassis? thought the LY was also Limited Edition or am i mistaken?

a normal 182 with both cup packs, you can get the recaro's (or other seats) later on if you wanted to.

LY isn't a limited edition, it cost £1200 extra to have the car in that colour as it was an ID colour (an expensive option)

I'd personay get a normal 182 with cup pack suspension.

As for the seats and the spoliers well its upto you and resale I'd get the spol;iers for reasle but not for me personally.

The recaro seats arn't for everyone and for me the trophy is to hard a setup.

RS 172
Trophy is really for the enthusiast, but it is a great handling car. I'd go for a 182 with the Cup Pack so you can keep the luxuries.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Drive them all. I have, Trophy is more different than you would believe. If you want climate xenons etc your only option is a 182ff with the cup packs. But, just a point to consider. If your going down the H&R route, why go for a 182? The 10bhp difference makes no difference, the suspension is the biggest bonus (which your changing anyway), and 2 of the 3 best colours (racing blue, monaco blue, flame red) were only available on the 172. If your deffo getting the suspension changed, get a low mileage 172 and H&R's straight away and save some cash.

Drive them all. I have, Trophy is more different than you would believe. If you want climate xenons etc your only option is a 182ff with the cup packs. But, just a point to consider. If your going down the H&R route, why go for a 182? The 10bhp difference makes no difference, the suspension is the biggest bonus (which your changing anyway), and 2 of the 3 best colours (racing blue, monaco blue, flame red) were only available on the 172. If your deffo getting the suspension changed, get a low mileage 172 and H&R's straight away and save some cash.

I basically want the 182 because i like the dual exit and also none of the above colour i like, i want the LY colour ;)

M2 Competition
If you're after a liquid yellow, consider that a set of recaros will cost you close to £800 second hand, and £1200 new. H&r's will be around £800 new.

Id buy a trophy!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
If you're after a liquid yellow, consider that a set of recaros will cost you close to £800 second hand, and £1200 new. H&r's will be around £800 new.

Id buy a trophy!
Yep, and H&R's come to about a grand with proper fitting. Exactly the reason I went for a Trophy.

Id buy a trophy!

Yeah found out that theres only 1 ly with the recaros and im not spending 1.2k on seats, if i really dnt like the seats i may get some other after market seats. Also as for the H&R' looking to go loww and although the trophy has this option i think, i just dont like the colour.

Thanks though,

Think i know what im looking for now;)

M2 Competition
Standard seats on a 182 look lush and are really comfy! Sounds like you've decided, good luck with the new car hunt mate.

Id buy a trophy!
Yep, and H&R's come to about a grand with proper fitting. Exactly the reason I went for a Trophy.

Well im hoping i can pick up a secon hand set of H&R's as for fitting, i fitted coilovers on my C2 so shouldnt really have a problem with that, i begrudge paying a garage who has a muppet working on my car, may aswell have my sister working on the car.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Id buy a trophy!

Yeah found out that theres only 1 ly with the recaros and im not spending 1.2k on seats, if i really dnt like the seats i may get some other after market seats. Also as for the H&R' looking to go loww and although the trophy has this option i think, i just dont like the colour.

Thanks though,

Think i know what im looking for now;)
If your nice to me (not TOO nice) my Recaro's may be for sale in the next 2 weeks.
IMGP1554.jpg

M2 Competition

Well im hoping i can pick up a secon hand set of H&R's as for fitting, i fitted coilovers on my C2 so shouldnt really have a problem with that, i begrudge paying a garage who has a muppet working on my car, may aswell have my sister working on the car.

Aye, you cant adjust much with h&r's anyway. Once you've set ride height, its just front camber and toe. Both easy to get sorted without spending £200 odd quid.

^^ thanks for that mate, thing is im getting my car featured end of next month and then i got to sell it, so untill i sell dont really want to go buying anything.

However if you wish to PM me on how much you want i may be interested ;)

Peperami, what suspension kit would you suggest then, i know this thread going off in a tangent but just wondering.

On my C2 i have Spax, both ride height and rebound adjustments. I am really wanting the same with the clio.

M2 Competition
Get the h&R's mate. Not damping adjustable but you really wont need it, damping etc are set up perfect for the clio out of the box.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200

Chances of second hand H&R's are minimal. There must be a dozen wanted threads on here already!!

M2 Competition
Lol. Have had fully adjustable leda's, most of the available springs, springs and dampers, and the h&r coilovers are by far the best for road use on the clio's.

Peperami, what suspension kit would you suggest then, i know this thread going off in a tangent but just wondering.

On my C2 i have Spax, both ride height and rebound adjustments. I am really wanting the same with the clio.
then dont get a trophy. . .no point in spending extra if your going to change the suspention imo as mentioned, more for the enthusiast, can get recaros/turinis anytime tbh. . .ff/cup packs all the way =]

Cupped 182 with Recaros
WelchGuy - I have just sent you a "private message".

I am selling my black-gold 182, which has both cups packs and factory fitted recaro seats in the next few months.

If anyone else is interested, please send me a private message...

jon