ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What a DICK i am

Sitting at a junction tonight in my 172 after picking up my Wife,waiting to join the A8,its got roadworks so no slip road just a junction.Im behind a little Ford Ka,I look up the road and theres a truck about 200 yards away so i look at the Ka and she starts moving forward,look back at the truck and theres space for me to go as well,so slip the clutch but as i turn my head the Kas decided against going and before i know it ive hit her rear drivers side with my front passengers side.

f**king gutted,i jump out and appologise to th woman in the Ka and we exchange details.Obviously it was my fault,i should have checked she had moved before i did,just one of those things.

Anyway my car needs a new front bumper and bonnet(needed resprayed for stonechips anyway)headlight,wing and plastic gubbins from behind the bumper.Passengers door only opens a couple of inches cause the wings been pushed back.

Insurance is coming to get it tomorrow so ive taken my Hillpower IK out it and my standard airbox back in it.Im going to put my IK in the for sale section if anyone wants it(ive actually got 2 IK,Mk1+2)

Anyway im gutted but hopefully ill get it back sooner rather than later,for the time being ill just have to rag the nuts off a hired car.

Well, accidents happen and at least you did the right thing and have a clean conscience that you accepted it as you fault straight up. Im always surprised that there arent loads more accidents (including ones that could be my fault - touch wood never been in one).

Yeah its just one of those things,but i still feel like a dick for doing it.I rolled my other 172at 70mph and got out laughing and shouting,cause i could take the fact that i had crashed because i was driving too fast for conditions etc.But this is like a kick in the stones cause its such a silly wee mistake to make.

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

we all make mistakes at some point in our lives, so dont kick yourself to hard over it.

Clio

weve all done it mate and those who say they aint are lairs . i did the same at a round about u see the gap but the bloke/woman infront dont

never mind mate just a little mistake :oops:

Was a Clio 1.8 16v

Quote: Originally posted by BIGDAVE on 19 April 2004

Yeah its just one of those things,but i still feel like a dick for doing it.I rolled my other 172at 70mph and got out laughing and shouting,cause i could take the fact that i had crashed because i was driving too fast for conditions etc.But this is like a kick in the stones cause its such a silly wee mistake to make.
Insurance companys dream you m8. ;)

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

Now I know it was your fault but I hate people that edge forward to go, then even though there is nothing coming.. just stop !! GRRRrrr

Anyway.. bad luck but it should really affect your insurance too much if its just a little bump, hope you had protected NCB or not much NCB to loose.

Clio v6

Sorry to hear about your prang. May I commend you for having the Bollucks to admit it you were at fault.

Good MAN

Exactly the same thing happened with my manager this week! Ive almost done it but after coming very close once a i learnt my lesson and instead just wait for the car in front to go now. Sorry you had to learn in the hard way!

-Rob

300bhp MR2 Turbo

I did the EXACT same thing, was in my RT, bird infront in a sh/te KIA people carrier started moving, looked round the roundabout and NOTHING was there, I booted it and she stopped!

I said fair enough its my fault as I hit her, I said I didnt wanna lose my NCB and would rather pay for the damages and the btch said it was gonna cost £2,500!!

I got my car fixed for £200 including de-locking and colour coding the bump strips!

It was such a small impact that theres no way that much damage could have been done. I looked at her crap heap over after it happened and the bumper hadnt even cracked - neither had mine!!

When she phoned me with the ridiculous quote my dad answered and told her to fcuk off in those exact words! Just my luck she was with the same insurance company as me and within a week Id lost 2 years no claims!

I even offered the insurance co re-imbursement of what ever they paid out to try to keep my no claims but they wouldnt even tell me how much they paid!

Cancelled that policy soon after!

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 20 April 2004

gutted mate, where are you going to take it to get fixed?
Direct line are picking it up tomorrow morning,they have their own accident repair centre.Theyll let me know Thursday or Friday how long its gonna take,anybody a rough idea how long i may be without it.

Im quite glad cause my bumper and bonnet had loads of stone chips,but id still have rather it hadnt happened.

Quote: Originally posted by James on 20 April 2004

Sorry to hear about your prang. May I commend you for having the Bollucks to admit it you were at fault.

Good MAN
Yeah man,i was mad that she had moved then stopped but i still knew it was my fault.

I jumped out after it happened and appoligised and told her to drive onto the dual carriage way and take the next exit and we could exchange details there as we were blocking the junction we were on.As i followed her and she took the next exit the little bad angel:devilish:on my shoulder was telling me just to drive past the junction and go home and get it fixxed myself,but the good angel:Don the other shoulder got the better of me and forced me to follow her off.

Mk IV 200 RS trophy

Quote: Originally posted by BIGDAVE on 20 April 2004

Direct line are picking it up tomorrow morning,they have their own accident repair centre.Theyll let me know Thursday or Friday how long its gonna take,anybody a rough idea how long i may be without it.

Im quite glad cause my bumper and bonnet had loads of stone chips,but id still have rather it hadnt happened.

If its anything like my old man then it will be with them for about 7days.......!

Ph-Sold!

I had what sounds like much the same damage after nudging a gatepost 2/3mph in the ice a few months back, cost insurance company over £2400 to put right for some reason :eek:

Bad luck to you though mate!

thats why i always look over my shoulder. too many people rely on mirrors. Not a total loss at least, but you learn from experience and next time youll be more careful.

Not all bad, i hit a skip that i swear wasnt there as i returned to lane after moving round a parked Van. Bent the car in half and spent 4 hours in casualty so although its dented your car and shocked you a bit you really do need to think yourself lucky your not injured the car can be fixed.

172 Exclusive

My cars just gone in for very similar repairs, and the guy at the garage said it would be at least two weeks to repair.

And the last i heard from them they were still waiting on parts from Renault.

Fingers crossed they get sorted quick, im fed up with the DERV courtesy car already.

Hard luck mate. I had a silly crash when I started driving and felt like such a tit. Old bloke one car in front slams on the anchors at a GREEN traffic light (for no apparent reason), tit directly in front of me wasnt paying attention at first and emergency stopped (just in time), I didnt. Nudged him (MX-3 V6) in the old blokes Audi. Oops. My fault. Thankfully I only caused damage to some cars and not people.

Or my old man who got the pedals mixed up 5 minutes after picking up our (my!) brand spanking Punto in 1997 - instead of hitting the brake and clutch on approach to a junction he hit the clutch and footrest... We go sailing into the back of a line of cars waiting at the traffic lights. Never heard my dad swear at himself so much in all my life. Mum was gutted when we got back to the house having never seen the car before...

Hope those cheered you up - we all do stupid things at some point so I hope you dont feel too bad for long.

At least youll get a first class repair with Direct Line. Ive been around their purpose-built repair facility at Motherwell - top class. They boasted to me that they repair cars to higher tolerances than when they leave the factory!

P.S. The fastest car in the world = courtesy car! Have fun!

Tappd'd RS

Quote: Originally posted by BIGDAVE on 22 April 2004

Wheres their repair centre in Motherwell mitch?

I know theyve got one in Rutherglen.

Where you from Mitch?
Is it Orchard Coachworks in Motherwell, they seem to do a lot of insurance work. I need to pop in for a quote to fix the sratches on my car.

Doh! :oops: Not good with geography! I meant Rutherglen - dont know why I said Motherwell. Its their own repair place, they dont use anyone else for insurance work AFAIK.

BigDave - Im in Falkirk. Did all my crashing in Paisley though! Seemed to be a few Clios RSs around in Falkirk last night when I was leaving work at 10pm - saw a black one (twice, or 2 different ones), a red one, and a Cup. Bloody hell, getting as common as MCSs...

Got a call from Direct line today to say the minimum out date on my car(when itll be ready)is the f**king 10th of May:mad:,and they did stress that this is the minimum and it may be longer.They better hurry up,im currently driving a 1.4 Fiesta Zetec hire car and its slow as............a very slow thing.