ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Alloys??

Lou

I'm really tempted to buy new alloys but i'm also keen on just getting mine refurbed and possible colour change!

What you guys and gals think?

This is what alloys i have at moment!

Attachments

• 33460238.jpg
    33460238.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 77
  Chocolate Bar™
i'd get them refurbed in black/anthracite and with the money your save get it dropped on coilovers :D

Lou

I would like to get it lowered a wee bit but not too much because me+speedbumps = trouble lol

Megane DCi 147bhp/350nwm
SLAM IT. First port of call for me :) alloys...worry about them after. Lowering it will make it look so much different :)

Chocolate Bar™
^at least get a kit, springs are a no no unless u wanna wreck u're shockers. my cars lowered 80mm on coillies and i have no problems with speed humps :)

Chocolate Bar™
_Kenny_ said:
I've got Eibach springs on mine and the shockers seem to be fine so far...touch wood

lol you've cursed yourself now ;) yeah eibach are a good make so u shouldnt have any probs, most people put pi or gmax on which do the damage. However its always best to get a kit where possible, if for nothing else for drivability :)

tiTTy & SV650
consider the same wheels in 16" a la mk2 172, Alan had them on his Dynamique.

New Megane wheels are basically the same but with a hollow down each spoke, looks alright I reckon.

I'm going to be a nasty nasty person and say get a 3dr before you do any mods, modded 5 dr cars looks so wrong imo with the exception of LCR's and a few others lol

Black Dynamique 1.4 16v
im selling my wolrace pro race 17's if ya wanna make me an offer (with tyres)

Last edited:

Lou

rory182 said:
I'm going to be a nasty nasty person and say get a 3dr before you do any mods, modded 5 dr cars looks so wrong imo with the exception of LCR's and a few others lol

Im not looking to do any major mods, like it how it is, prob just get it colour coded and lowered.

A well built VW
Supperlegs look mint and so do clio 172's

I reckon money would be better spent on APEX kit approx £250 and maybe a refurb £120ish in anthracite cheaper too..... than replacing them

Focus ST
Middo said:
i'd get them refurbed in black/anthracite and with the money your save get it dropped on coilovers :D

I'd go with this option. These alloys in Anthracite are rare if not at all. :cool:

BMW Z4 3.0i
Those alloys are so cheap is just as cost effective to sell your crappy ones and buy a new set.

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
Someone just sold some dynamic alloys on ebay, anthracite coloured to, 200 smackers, i only found them when they had 10 mins left so was bit late, Anyone know best place to buy old Clio alloys and how much anthracite is. ta.

Clio Trophy 463
IMO OZ superleggeras look good on those clio's. my mate had a set of them in 17 and it did look nice (5 door as well)

Dan