ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are good download and upload speeds?

BG 182 (full fat)
I keep getting disconnected from the servers online on GT5, which made me do a speed test on, http://www.speedtest.net/ , my results are 5.69 mbps download and 0.55 mps upload. I have no idea really if they are good or bad results, so could someone tell me? Also would other people mind doing a check and posting your results. Im with talktalk. Cheers

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
For ADSL a mile or so from the exchange that is good.

I suggest pingtest.net is better for what you're doing though.

BG 182 (full fat)
thats the difference between the s**t i am with talktalk, and who you are with, virgin. virgin is so much better

Golf GTD Mk7
50c191fa-d11d-c046.jpg

Virgin 10mb gives 1mb/sec dl speed on normal downloading. Cable is the way forward :)

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
Speed means nothing for gaming numb-nuts. Anything over 1mb down and 512kb up is fine. Read my first post in this thread.

Golf GTD Mk7
Speed means nothing for gaming numb-nuts. Anything over 1mb down and 512kb up is fine. Read my first post in this thread.

Harsh, but not entirely true as speed and ping usually go hand in hand. I've pc gamed for years and generally the faster the connection the better the game quality. Ping and lag obviously make a difference, but that has more factors than your provider.

If your ping is over 45 you'll have a s**t gaming experience.

No :S just no

SEAT Ibiza SC FR
You'll get a slightly better ping time with a higher speed but it tails off after a certain speed any way. (I'll give you that fact that his router might be crap and causing issues too)

What the OP needs is a better ISP, one that doesn't do traffic shaping like Talkw**k.

Trust me, I have a degree in this s**t.

Tesla MP3 2021
I love these threads.

1412308401.png

Wireless from my MBP

VM are soon to roll out 100Mb in my area, FTW!

Golf GTD Mk7
You'll get a slightly better ping time with a higher speed but it tails off after a certain speed any way. (I'll give you that fact that his router might be crap and causing issues too)

What the OP needs is a better ISP, one that doesn't do traffic shaping like Talkw**k.

Trust me, I have a degree in this s**t.

Fare enough pal. Router would be first choice. Guessing the op is running netgear :rolleyes:

Only thing that's annoying with vm is that they reduce bandwidth at busy times. Really annoying

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Fare enough pal. Router would be first choice. Guessing the op is running netgear :rolleyes:

Only thing that's annoying with vm is that they reduce bandwidth at busy times. Really annoying

It's annoying. But I look at it this way. Even with a 75% reduction, my speed is still 7.5Mb/s. Thats about 2.5x faster than an ADSL connection for me. I'm still quids in.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
My upload is pretty piss tbh. Rest is okay though on a basic plusnet package.