ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are/how to correct these polishing marks? Rotary.

As title, I'm newish to the polishing side of things. I haven't got a DA but using a rotary. Anyway the whole car seems spotless upon inspection and fake lights. But the sun shows up like "trails"?

Using a green pad. Rotary and Menzerna PF2400 then wiping down after with car pro eraser.

My steps for application are speed 2 to put it all in on 2 passes, then speed 3/4 to work it in nice for another 2 passes then 5/6 speed working til it's pretty much gone for 2 passes.

What do I need to do to correct these marks? Another lighter finishing polish or heavier cut then light Polish? Cheers.

Sun shows up rotary swirls?
9804A23C-E1A1-458E-876B-23A92C75F1CA.jpg

See the3/4 light grey lines on the flat side of the panel below?

E2626ACA-1414-4270-92CA-9EE841AC6323.jpg

The tools.
B21EF672-71D3-4E70-A7D5-2BA1DC7CFB6B.jpg

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
They're holograms left by the polisher by not buffing out your own marks.

Your steps are right up to the end
"My steps for application are speed 2 to put it all in on 2 passes, then speed 3/4 to work it in nice for another 2 passes then 5/6 speed working til it's pretty much gone for 2 passes" then
Go back down to speed 3 or 3.5 for a few more passes to remove those buffer trails.

Awesome, so in order to go back to it as I've only just noticed it now (3 days after polishing lol) just lube up the car with water and the pad with a mist of water and keep working at it like that?

Also one last question.. How long does a pad typically last/use it for? For instance that green one pictured was new and I've done near enough the whole car in it. Good or bad?

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Awesome, so in order to go back to it as I've only just noticed it now (3 days after polishing lol) just lube up the car with water and the pad with a mist of water and keep working at it like that?

Also one last question.. How long does a pad typically last/use it for? For instance that green one pictured was new and I've done near enough the whole car in it. Good or bad?

Id wash it first to make sure it's not picked up any crap in three days. You don't want to be dragging crap around under the polishing pad.

As long as you clean the pads, they should last ages. I had a year and a half out of my pads with fairly regular/heavy use