ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What are the best 172 cup tyres

Clio V6 255 (Acid Yellow)

I know this gets asked a lot but Ive never seen the definitive answer.

My car currently has Yokohama A539 195/45/R16 fitted. I personally think they are about OK in the dry and dangerously poor in the wet. What are the best no expense spared tyres to buy for the 172 cup?

well the above both get almost exact reveiws and ratings. so its really down 2 you. the g3ds to look cool. but the pe2s just seem to be slightly better in the dry.

Are both of these far better than the standard continentals that come with the car, I posted further down but can I ask it again:

I am about to replace the rear ones and am contemplating whether to go for the contis and have them matching all the way round (fronts only have 4k on them so not changing them yet), which is obviously my prefered option as it looks better or to change to the Eagles F1 GSD3s/Michelin PE2s, have them not match for a year or so and then change the fronts over the Eagles or Exaltos at a later date.

P.S. sorry for the thread hi-jack!

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member

A539s are progressive - you get a good feel for whats going on at each corner. Ultimate grip is lower than others, but if the feel enables you to get more out of them...whats the problem.

They are sh*te in the wet though unless youre really smoooooth.

Remapped derv Golf

There all good! Its the Contis that came on the car that are w*nk!

The Pilot SXs on my VTR were miles better than my Contis

172, Tiguan

Personally id stick with the Contis or get whatever theyve stuck on the 182, they seemed OK.

Clio 190bhp Hybrid

Find my Eagles great in the wet, not the best in the dry but still pretty useable. Over 10 quid cheaper than the Michelins in my size so depends on your budget.