ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what are those electric superchargers all about?

alien green rs133
the idea is ok, blow air into engine, thats all fine and good but the way in which the idea has been put into practice is truely comical, i think i once worked out the airflow, and you would need 13 of them to supply a 2 litre engine with the standard amount of airflow, so if someone can devise a way of getting 20 under a clio bonnet your onto a winner, apart from the powerloss from the extra draw on the alternator lol

Megane 2 GT 165
LOL

The problem is you need boost and flow.

Have seen these electric chargers with a flow that was almost enough for 2l engine @ 7000rpm...then there will be no boost. Then I thought lets add 2 :). Two identical blowers should about double the flow. Thus generating boost even up to 7000rpm. (I haven't calculated how much)

You could hook them up to your existing cold air feeds and used the normal airbox :p

I cannot stop thinking that at low rpm when the electric charger does deliver boost, the engine should be able to put out more power.

As mentioned above the alternater will take more power from the engine.

PS. check out that guys sales....he's making big money :D

RSTuning

ClioSport Club Member
  R35 GTR
If anyone has one and wants to do a back to back dyno i'll do it free. I'm up for a laugh :D

PH1 172 Sport
bloody hell they are expensive i would love to see some RR results though as i expect heat soak would remove any minimal gain that they make.

i just realised who it is that posted the question. Dont you thik you should learn to drive before even thinking about performance mods? though i suppose these would be good for you as they would restrict power