ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What AV/FW do you use?

Punto/Clio GTT
ive used AVG for a good while now with windows firewall but tbh its never found a single threat (good i think). Looking to get something else, like a bundle, with anti spam, firewall, av etc.

So what do you use? Is it good? Would you recommend it?

No replies with norton or mcafee please though, ta.

Civic Type-R
I use avira at the moment, find it pretty good. Going to be getting nod32 soon though as I hear its the best.

Punto/Clio GTT
i tried nod32 agggeeesss ago and for some reason i had to uninstall it and it took forever, think thats why im reluctant to try it again.

is it better than avg? i mean avg its always updating

Oggy997

ClioSport Club Member
  997.1, Caddy, e208
Router's firewall for incoming
Outpost for Outgoing firewall
NOD32 for AV

Punto/Clio GTT
i dont NEED software fw, but ideally ide like a bundle with it all in. i suppose i could just switch av and stick with windows fw.

i tried nod32 agggeeesss ago and for some reason i had to uninstall it and it took forever, think thats why im reluctant to try it again.

is it better than avg? i mean avg its always updating

I doubt you will find anythin thats better that nod32, i certainly havn't. Ive been using it for a good couple of years now and never had a problem with it.

Router's firewall for incoming
Outpost for Outgoing firewall
NOD32 for AV

:approve:

i dont NEED software fw, but ideally ide like a bundle with it all in. i suppose i could just switch av and stick with windows fw.

As far as I know, nod don't currently do firewire support?

But to be honest mate, they're a waste of time imo, just look into using your routers security.

Evo 6, E92 320d
im usin avg and ms firewall to. my biggest problem is having no anti spyware (cant get ms 1 cos of os piracy:quiet: )

seb

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio trophy
i used nod32. it was so good it wouldn't let me turn on my pc. now that is virus protection lol :)

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2
Now do you rate NOD32 mate? I was at the Dublin trade show the other month and chatted to the guys there about it.

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I dont use a AV on my machines, but i also reccomend Nod32. Everyone should also run a software based firewall, even if you are behind proxies and multiple harware based firewalls, purly to control outgoing requests, user data statistics etc