ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what bhp can u get

out of a mk1 172

and what xtras do u need to get it

iv got a 57i now with a super chip and a remap and its lowered on full spax adjustables

iv only had it a few days and just wanna no what they are capable off dont think i want anymore bhp tho as its quick as f**k neway

iv been told they are capable of seein off most car on the road from the lights is this true and what type of 0-60mph do they run

Nike Lunar Elite's

Not sure, but Im just waiting for people to tell you to get rid of the K&N lol

^^Bet me to it

[Edited by hydeyho on 08 July 2005 at 7:59pm]

Nike Lunar Elite's

Open filters will suck up warm air, meaning you will more than likely have less bhp than you started with

320d

Loose the 57i straight away

Obviously theyre not 4x4 so you wont leave almost anything from the lights but yes theyre quick simply in terms of power to weight

210bhp is about the most bhp on here IIRC unless youre going down the turbo route youll need to spend good money to see anything over 200bhp though

You can get as much as your wallet will allow.

350 is probably the economical N/A limit. FOrced indution limit is probably 400hp.

However a 350hp N/A is going to be expensive and difficult on the road the engine would rev to 12k plus the box would probably need to be replaced depending how you drive.

0-60 depends on the driver and how violent they are with the clucth 6.6 is about adverage I think.

Quote: Originally posted by clio16v1996 on 08 July 2005
<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Loose the 57i straight away<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">Obviously theyre not 4x4 so you wont leave almost anything from the lights but yes theyre quick simply in terms of power to weight<FONT style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #407db6">210bhp is about the most bhp on here IIRC unless youre going down the turbo route youll need to spend good money to see anything over 200bhp though

212bhp roamers :)

Quote: Originally posted by edde on 08 July 2005
You can get as much as your wallet will allow.350 is probably the economical N/A limit. FOrced indution limit is probably 400hp.However a 350hp N/A is going to be expensive and difficult on the road the engine would rev to 12k plus the box would probably need to be replaced depending how you drive.0-60 depends on the driver and how violent they are with the clucth 6.6 is about adverage I think.

212 destroys a clutch with slicks on i doubt it would survive long at 250 with no launches

Lionel Richie

212 was from roamers car, std internals + std head on TBs
212 from Yassers with worked head + cams + inlet + SMT 6 (oe inlet moddified)

£2.5K to get 200bhp (approx)

A silver Honda

Strange that theres a 200 bhp Cup on RSC and he has K&N IK.

Try getting as much cold air to it as you can.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Remedi on 08 July 2005

Strange that theres a 200 bhp Cup on RSC and he has K&N IK.

Try getting as much cold air to it as you can.
yeah but it also has our cams, with a sealed induction kit and bigger injectors, that car will see 210bhp+ IMO

it was pushing the limit of the injectors, so i think Andy knocked it down slightly

you lost dont half reply fast to a topic you have to wait days on most sites

thanks for the info

have ne of u fitted new cams are they worth it an what do they cost

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Having an open induction kit wouldnt affect it that much. Of course you may notice the car a bit sluggish in the summer but i havent felt much power loss at all with my pipercross.

[Edited by jph172 on 7/8/2005 8:18:33 PM]

A silver Honda

Yeah Fred he does indeed lol.

Im just saying that K&Ns arent completely useless.

(Enclosed kits are better though)

wow wow wow, hold on a second, things are just getting silly now.

The realistic PHYSICAL limit of the engine is abotu 320bhp, with absolutely stupid amounts spent on it at about 10,200rpm. Forced induction, id put a realistic limit on about 600-650bhp.

Im sorry, but just cams and a filter wont be getting you 200bhp. Every time this comes up now its gets more and more easy to hit 200bhp. A real 200bhp isnt a filter and cams away. Cams on their own are barely noticable due to the nature of the inlet system, increasing valve timing has no net effect if its still breathing through the main restriciton to the engine.

i think i can simply say when its really really hot and you run do you find you get out of breath easier :) if so its the same principle

and if you dont find that then get off your ass and run more :D

because ive measured a 4bhp loss with open filters. But i wasnt limiting my suggestions to just the filter but rather the total lack of work to get 200.

even those running vastly more havent hit 200 quite yet.

Lionel Richie

yeah but we havent mentionned the magic fairy dust that we buy off the aliens yet

aparently the magic dust contains the ashes of "scotty, i dont have the power captian"

if he doesnt have the power whats the point of using it?

Surely the guy with the weird goggles on next generation has the power, burn him and use his dust no?

GDI ???BHP Cliosport172

Quote: Originally posted by BenR on 08 July 2005
because ive measured a 4bhp loss with open filters. But i wasnt limiting my suggestions to just the filter but rather the total lack of work to get 200. even those running vastly more havent hit 200 quite yet.

By any chance Ben would this happen to be the
SAME set of rollers used on the GDI rolling road day that told me i was running 182bhp@the flywheel with a pipercross open filter???

nope, it was done in another country.

and open filters on a RR can show very good gains...>IF the bonnet is open or ajar.

Remapped derv Golf

A 182 manifold is a good 8-10bhp for £200 isnt it?

Agreed, open induction kits like k&n are awful on the RS clio.

The 182 exhaust manifold is certainly better, and proportianlly gives slightly better gains on the older 172 engine as the head casting incorporates the bigger exhaust ports, 182 and later cups have diddy little exhaust ports.

Lionel Richie

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 08 July 2005

A 182 manifold is a good 8-10bhp for £200 isnt it?

Agreed, open induction kits like k&n are awful on the RS clio.
add about 10 hours labour on aswell to fit it

Quote: Originally posted by Adamf on 08 July 2005

What do you mean by later Cups Ben? Do you mean 52reg are bigger than 53 reg?
yes, phs1 172s, pre 02 cups and 172s have the bigger and better exhaust ports and better head castings. All the inlets are CNC machined so near enough the same, but earlier heads are of the sport casting. Later and current ones are, what i can tell, of the turbo casting.

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

200 bhp is achievable

cams, inlet manifold work
good size exhaust 2.5" min, 2.75 preferably
closed filter ITG, or Viper with GOOD cold air feed
smooth inlet pipe from filter
fuel mapping essential!

at that point your at limit with injectors

with GOOD headwork it will make more,

however as ever people forget the mid gains which can be upto 20% as renaults mapping is designed for economy not power.... so the mid range pull will change LOTS!!! overtaking etc become much easier....

Andy