ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What brake fluid should be used?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
The title says it all,

i want to get my brake fluid changed and would rather provide my own stuff as i imagine general garages just stock cheapest stuff.

is it dot4 that should be used in the 182's and any decent brand to go for?

Thanks,
Austin

Cup In bits
Depending what your looking for AP racing do some of the best fluid available, PRF 660 ranked top in a comparison in a test I read for actual boiling points and longevity. ATE came around 4th or os from memory. ATE stuff is good value for money though.

Performance brake fluids have a shorter life due to being really hygroscopic so need's changed regularly in a well used road car.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Purely for road use, just looking to replace it for whatever they put in from the start, dont want to change it to something that will then need changing more regularly.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Will the super blue ate need to be changed more often or is it just replacement for the standard stuff they put in?

How many litres needed?

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Is the ate super blue dot4, would you recomend using that?

simply asking as the garage will bleed them for £20 so would rather provide my own fluid than the cheap bulk they probably use, or am i just being stupid thinking that way ? Lol

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
The ATE Superblue is decent stuff I use it and recommend it.

1 litre will do it mate

Often gets overlooked doing the brake fluid, supposed to be every 2 years by the service schedule iirc. Makes a difference and its pretty cheap to do

172 cup RS2 - 330ci
ATE-SUPER-BLUE-RACING.jpg

Amesome stuff, didn't have any brake fade with this stuff last time on track - Cheap compared to others as well

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
The ATE Superblue is decent stuff I use it and recommend it.

1 litre will do it mate

Often gets overlooked doing the brake fluid, supposed to be every 2 years by the service schedule iirc. Makes a difference and its pretty cheap to do

Cheers mate,

its never been changed since new, so the ate stuff is just normal dot4 and nothing track spexial that will need to be changed again soon?

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Cheers mate,

its never been changed since new, so the ate stuff is just normal dot4 and nothing track spexial that will need to be changed again soon?

No worries Austin , yep just a good quality dot4 that can be used on road/track .Won't have to change it any more often than any other dot4 .

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I tend to change mine a bit more often then that tbh

For the sake of £15 and a bit of time it's good to know you have fresh/decent fluid in there. Especially if doing track days or you're spending a bit on new discs and pads you might aswel stick some fresh fluid in while you're at it imo

Audi A5
Totally agree with you George, I change mine all the time as I get it free an I do track days, was just saying as op said his had never been done lol.