ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What Brakes?

Mk1 Clio
I rang for some new disks and pads and they asked if my brakes were, bendick? or geuring sorry if there wrong, its a 1.2 96 clio versailles, does anybody know off hand which ones they are without me taking me wheels off? cheers!

Renault clio mk2
your car has the 238mm diametre disks X571(type) Bendix-not girling-the X572,X573 and X576 are wearing Bendix or Lucas-girling- and the X574 type Lucas-girling-!...if I am not wrong....

Chav Rocket
get bendix and girling and then take back the one you don't use. discs will be the same, guessing they are solid (outer edge is one solid piece) not vented (looks like 2 plates with fins inbetween them). safest option, especially if you only have one car, if you have brakes off then find you got wrong parts your pretty screwed lol

Fiesta, Asta, Clio
bendix and girling (also known as lucas), thats what i done, got both and then fitted and took the other 1 back, also dont get solid, get vented, solid is more thinner and the pads slide though the caliper and hit the hub, which then grind and quality of braking vanishes. Get standard vented 238mm if you have a 1.2.

Megane 225
bendix and girling (also known as lucas), thats what i done, got both and then fitted and took the other 1 back, also dont get solid, get vented, solid is more thinner and the pads slide though the caliper and hit the hub, which then grind and quality of braking vanishes. Get standard vented 238mm if you have a 1.2.

The 1.2 Mk1's all had solid discs as standard, so y would you put vented on? Will the caliper take the wider disc? I wouldn't have thought they wud fit!

Megane 225
Thats wot I thought! Alot of expense nd it's only a 1.2! U'll not be goin hard enough to need bigger brakes!

Thats wot I thought! Alot of expense nd it's only a 1.2! U'll not be goin hard enough to need bigger brakes!

You can always have bigger brakes. Only reason not to bother if it your tyres always lock up when you brakes as then you need more grip.

2005 Nissan Navara
Get a set of williams discs/calipers with ferrodo 2500 pads...you wont go wrong with this set-up.

Best thing you can do with any brake system is make sure its in tip top form..

Fiesta, Asta, Clio
got to a motor factors and give you registration or car model/make/year and they'll give you the right stuff, if they say bendix or girling (lucas) then get both and check which 1 fits, (if your doing it yourself) and then returned the unused pads back, disks dont make a difference on the bendix and lucs option it's on the pads, because theres to types of calipers.

and as for the discs, vented and solid is both standard not modified, if you get solid, there more thinner so the caliper has to push more pads through but thats when the problems arises, the caliper cannot push enough so the pads fall through and hit the hub. because the vented ones are standard they are more wider but still fit without changing calipers, they work properly.

i had a 1.2 stripped on my drive couples of weeks ago and they had vented, if you want safe get standard vented, hope you understand. bye

i just had this problem with my 1.4, i recieved solid and when the pads became to the position where the caliper cannot push, they slip through the caliper and hit the hub, so next i am getting my vented ones.

Fiesta, Asta, Clio
i give you this from haynes manual;

front brakes:
disc diameter:
all except F7P (16v) engine models.............. 238mm
F7P (16v) engine models............................ 259mm

whatever your engine model is.

c-type ............8.0mm
d and e types.. 12.0mm
f type............. 20.0mm