ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What brand tyres for the fronts Clio 172

sw1

Clio 172
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica] Hi all,

Wanted to get your input, I have a clio 172 that needs to have the front treads changed, I have my 197 arriving in Jan so I don't want to spend too much.

I have seen on blackcircles.com that they have a number of tyres ranging from 59.99 up to around 80, I currently have Continental Sport Contact on the back and some strange make on the front from when I got the car.

I've been looking at the following, does anyone have any experience with these:

Toyo Proxes T1-R £59.99 per tyre
Yokohama A539 £59.99 per tyre
Continental Sport Contact £70.00 per tyre (what I have on the rears at the mo)

These prices including fitting.
[/FONT]

Clio 172 mk2
a had conti when a a first got mine they were ok but not so hot when pushing the car
got eagle f1's on they are much superior than the conti's

and ma mate has yoko on his which dont grip as good as the f1's
but a have never driven with toyo's

just buy the cheapest brand no point on spending loads if your selling it
as long as it has plenty tread a dare say it wont matter

Banana
Out of the three choices above I would defo go for the conti's mate. They grip pretty well for the money. But if you're trading up in January, why not just shove some cheapies on?

len_beach

ClioSport Club Member
  E92 M3,172 track car
A539's all the way for me. I thought the Conti's were pants. And I have heard that Toyo's are not too hot in the wet.

Steve

ClioSport Club Member
  ST3 8.5
Continentals without dought best by far.

Only better tyre out there i have tried is the exalto.

Don't put s**t tyres on your car mate, if i came too look at a car & it had crap tyres i would either deduct money for decent ones or walk away.

SLK 350
GSD3's mate, i rate them more highly than PE2's, and the GSD3's are VERY good in the wet.

Personally i'd get some good rubber on there, whats another £40 in the grand scheme of things? And with winter now firmly here, and bad weather last thing you want to do is crash your car cause of some sh1t rubber.

Having said that, any tyre £50+ should be perfectly capable.

Golf GTI PP Mk7
i find the exaltos to be fine, didnt have any probs with contis either so its all personal preference really.

Definately put decent rubber on it, if anything it'll be a good selling point too, decent tyres with loads of tread on, bound to help ur sale.