ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What camber you running ? Track set ups...

Clio 172 phase 1
Yoyo just a quick one what cambers every one using on there track/fast road set ups? I've just dialled mine into -3.5 neg and 10mins to out ....... Feel it could be too much camber tyres are ado8 195/50/15 if that helps other people

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I run 3.2 degrees negative and 20-25 minutes toe out up front. 2.75 neg rear and standard toe in. The best thing you can do is drive it, see how it feels and adjust accordingly. There's no hard and fast rule regards setups. It's all personal preference.

Clio 172 phase 1
Sounds nice man that's a lot of toe out :) I like it lol .... Feels tidy on the 3.5 but may have to drop down to 3 feels a bit bouncy on the front when warming tyres up need to get under her as well as sounded like a bolt flew out earlier on a hard right but I could have ran over a large stone .... My rears are -2.5 and still 10 mins out they feel planted with the set up I'm happy with that :)

Clio Sport 182
Hello
Just a quick question. Do you know what is the standard camber set up front and rear on the 182 non non FF.
I did a 30 mins session at Silverstone and the car was a bit tail happy. weather condition didn't help as well.
Any suggestion for a fast road and occasional track day use?
I forgot to say that im using 172 cup shocks and eibach pro springs.

Paris

Teg
Hello
Just a quick question. Do you know what is the standard camber set up front and rear on the 182 non non FF.
I did a 30 mins session at Silverstone and the car was a bit tail happy. weather condition didn't help as well.

Paris
Standard camber for front is between -0.15 and -1.15... rear is between -1.10 and -1.5

Have you got a RARB? In damp/wet conditions that can give a snappy rear end along with toe out on the rear.

As for setup if your not doing many track days along with nothing competitive standard setup is fine.. I did a few Trackdays on a totally standard Clio just tyres and brakes and the only problem the car had all day was my lack of talent. A good setup which I now use though for road/track is -0.10 toe out on front along with -2.2 camber (will need camber bolts), just leave the rear standard with toe in as it makes it more predictable, if the rear toe is out of alignment massively you can buy shims to adjust accordingly.

Clio Sport 182
Standard camber for front is between -0.15 and -1.15... rear is between -1.10 and -1.5

Have you got a RARB? In damp/wet conditions that can give a snappy rear end along with toe out on the rear.

As for setup if your not doing many track days along with nothing competitive standard setup is fine.. I did a few Trackdays on a totally standard Clio just tyres and brakes and the only problem the car had all day was my lack of talent. A good setup which I now use though for road/track is -0.10 toe out on front along with -2.2 camber (will need camber bolts), just leave the rear standard with toe in as it makes it more predictable, if the rear toe is out of alignment massively you can buy shims to adjust accordingly.

as far as i know i don't have rear anti roll bar. i did a quick check on the paper work from the previous owner and the setup at the moment is
Front camber : Passenger side -1.38 Drivers side -1.12
Front toe : Passenger side -0.06 Drivers side -0.08
Rear camber : Passenger side -2.27. Drivers side -2.09
Rear toe : Passenger side +0.02 Drivers side +0.19

Last edited:
  mk1 Octavia VRS
Hello

Paris

Same shocks/springs as I'm running. I also have a whiteline RARB. I'm running 2 and a bit degrees camber on the front and haven't made any changes to the rear. I had a few 'moments' on Sunday but no spins - the times the back end did step out a bit was either from trail braking or from changing grip levels mid corner - all good fun though!

What tyres do you have and what pressures were you running? You could get a 4 wheel alignment check to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the rear toe/camber. If you adjust anything to make the car less prone to oversteer in the wet then you might make it more prone to understeer in the dry. If the tail happiness isn't caused by tyres/pressures/setup then it might be something you need to change with your driving.

bashracing

ClioSport Club Member
This is my hill climb car,
you can get away with a bit more camber on a full blown track car but I need my tyres to work from cold temps which limits my options
image.jpeg

Clio Sport 182
Same shocks/springs as I'm running. I also have a whiteline RARB. I'm running 2 and a bit degrees camber on the front and haven't made any changes to the rear. I had a few 'moments' on Sunday but no spins - the times the back end did step out a bit was either from trail braking or from changing grip levels mid corner - all good fun though!

What tyres do you have and what pressures were you running? You could get a 4 wheel alignment check to make sure that there's nothing wrong with the rear toe/camber. If you adjust anything to make the car less prone to oversteer in the wet then you might make it more prone to understeer in the dry. If the tail happiness isn't caused by tyres/pressures/setup then it might be something you need to change with your driving.

Same here. moments but no spins. @ben_blablabla was behind me most of the time. I'm guessing he enjoyed and actually he recorded them. i will upload them soon to listen your comments that can help my to improve my driving.
My tyres are Pirelli Pzero nero around 2 1/2 years old. If i remember correctly the pressure was 30psi front and 28 rear

mk1 Octavia VRS
I think I ran 31 front and 28 rear (cold) so that pretty close to yours.

I have a 172 but that was probably me - it's black, the reg starts with YN and I was in the 11:55 session. Don't suppose you got any videos of my car from the pit wall did you? :D

Clio Sport 182
I did my alignment today and the camber bolts fitted. The results are:

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    203.4 KB · Views: 368
  Clio 220 PH2
I run 3.2 degrees negative and 20-25 minutes toe out up front. 2.75 neg rear and standard toe in. The best thing you can do is drive it, see how it feels and adjust accordingly. There's no hard and fast rule regards setups. It's all personal preference.
Sounds a great set up :) how have you managed to get so much rear camber ?
Many thanks

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
See I wasn't sure because I run a 1 degree shims on mine but I couldn't find one with a higher degree do you run x2 1 degree shims ?
Honestly mate I can't remember what size shims I run now tbh. There is only 1 shim there though.
From memory I had quite a bit of static negative camber before shims anyway, so this may be the reason I've got a lot from just 1 shim.

Clio 220 PH2
Honestly mate I can't remember what size shims I run now tbh. There is only 1 shim there though.
From memory I had quite a bit of static negative camber before shims anyway, so this may be the reason I've got a lot from just 1 shim.
I am with you I was going to say that's a good amount of camber I need to double check mine because I can not remember what it is
Thank you :)

Clio 220 PH2
I'll see if my shim has anything on it as the rear stub axles are stripped down currently awaiting the new big bearing stub axle/disc setup.
Nice one mate that would be wicked if you could :)
Sounds a good little project you have going there when are you hoping for it to be done for ?

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT
7 year mega bump!
I'm running about 1,5 deg negative on the front for years, rest of the car is on std geo settings. On the last trackday I felt like it could use more camber on the front.
I mainly use the car on the road, was thinking if going to 2 deg negative would impact tyre wear too much? On 1,5 it's perfectly fine so far.
here's how it looks in action, she has some body roll and likes to lift a wheel here and there :)

Attachments

• PKSR6733.jpg
    PKSR6733.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 26
  • PKSR6891.jpg
    PKSR6891.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 35

sam55

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182 FF
How different the world was when this thread was last contributed too...
7 year mega bump!
I'm running about 1,5 deg negative on the front for years, rest of the car is on std geo settings. On the last trackday I felt like it could use more camber on the front.
I mainly use the car on the road, was thinking if going to 2 deg negative would impact tyre wear too much? On 1,5 it's perfectly fine so far.
here's how it looks in action, she has some body roll and likes to lift a wheel here and there :)

I recently switched to -3 degrees on the front and the tinest amount of toe out and it's transformed the car. I once ran -4 (for a few weeks) and it was so darty it felt like a proper race car (I've raced a Mini JCW Challenge car before). I've not found a neg camber setting that goes too far on the 182 yet, apart from causing uneven tyre wear if you do lots of motorway miles.

If you don't use the car daily, I'd recommend going for -3 up front with a little toe out, and -1.4 or .5 at the back, so it's especially pointy, but also not loose. The result is a lovely energetic reaction to your steering inputs, with lots of grip on turn in and also under power. But trail the brake into a bend, or lift off the throttle, and it's wonderfully playful/adjustable.

Best of all, because the 182/172 is so light, uneven tyre wear isn't really an issue unless you do big mileage on the motorway (which I don't).

I was running -2.3 before that up front, and it was good, but it's still possible to suffer understeer both into a corner and out of one, on throttle. Sounds like you may have had that too? Adding more camber fixes both of those things, and reduces body roll 😆

DSCF6617.PNG

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
I used to run - 3.4 on this beauty. I never touched the rear wheels at all, in fact, it still has the original factory bushes in the rear beam. The backend used to twitch, but always corrected itself. It was quite predictable in that respect.

It used to go to CMRacing, Rob Boston Racing and Track Torque Racing for setups and they all said the same thing.

It's pretty much the same setup as the TDT/TDC Clio cars. Pure track car so never saw public roads.

It obviously has a lot of racing kit on it, which helps, but tyre temps were always even and I got decent wear rates when using Yokohama A050s (30psi F/34psi rear). I found AD08r and AO52s worked better with less camber (-2.4) and more psi (34/34).

It's currently running in the 750mc Hot Hatch series and is still set up that way. It was faster than I could drive it.

IMG_0885.jpeg