ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what can I do with 2 old xbox units (not 360) and 2 x Playstation 1 units?

182 Trophy #333
You could chip the original xbox's and use them to run emulators to play classic SNES and Mega Drive games etc, and could also install XBMC on it and use it as a media centre (although will not be able to do HD due to the dated tech) as for the Playstation 1, stick it in the bin?

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Take them apart part for part and fabricate a house for mice to live in. Elevating the house means it could also be used for birds.

Or sell them on eBay.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Depending on which model Playstation 1 it is they are actually well regarded as a decent mid-high end audio cd player.

182 Trophy #333
XBMC = Xbox Media Centre

Its pretty good, we've got an old xbox with it on, its great if youre not planning on watching anything in HD quality!

If you look underneath the original xbox you will find a screw with an arrow pointing to it. Don't unscrew it otherwise the green plasma will drain and its a nightmare to get back in.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'd personally pop to b&q, buy a fine rope, some screws, some raw plugs and a bracket mounted pulley, make sure you pay the 5p for a bag (don't be cheap).

Go home, empty the bag of its contents, put all three consoles in the bag.

Get a drill, drill four holes in the ceiling to mout the pulley, put the raw plugs in.

Screw the pulley to the ceiling, and attach one end of the rope to the bag full of consoles, put the other through the pulley.

Hoist the bag of consoles into the air directly above your ahead and let go of the rope.

Hopefully this will knock you clean out and I won't have to read any more of your f**king drivel.

330i. E30 Touring.
I'd personally pop to b&q, buy a fine rope, some screws, some raw plugs and a bracket mounted pulley, make sure you pay the 5p for a bag (don't be cheap).

Get a drill, drill four holes in the ceiling to mout the pulley, put the raw plugs in.

Screw the pulley to the ceiling, and attach one end of the rope to the bag full of consoles, put the other through the pulley.

Hoist the bag of consoles into the air directly above your ahead and let go of the rope.

Hopefully this will knock you clean out and I won't have to read any more of your f**king drivel.

YUS!

Adamm.

ClioSport Club Member
I'd probably chuck them into the bin tbh or if you know anyone that might want them just hand them over for free.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
So hang on a minute, Luke's suggestion was funny, and mine's out of order???

It was supposed to generate a laugh, nothing more. Jesus.

I'll use 1,543 winky faces next time.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC

Harsh. But funny :)

Clio 172 Phase II

My local B&Q haven't got a bracket mounted pulley.. I just called. Can you suggest other sources? Thanks! :0)

AB182, Audi A5 3.0
So hang on a minute, Luke's suggestion was funny, and mine's out of order???

It was supposed to generate a laugh, nothing more. Jesus.

I'll use 1,543 winky faces next time.

it was funny, but harsh lol Luke didn't have a stab at the OP.

09Accord 2.4 3.0i Z4

Quite vicious.......But I approve :evil:

LOL!

172 cup
I lol'd, ffs just bin them or put them in the electrical bins you find at a bottle bank. Then useful bits can be taken and used for something else.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3

LOL! I wish you were this funny in real life, I might like you more then.

Last edited:
  Bus w**ker
Promises promises.

Anyway for the record, I laughed very loud at your technical reply. Then I swore even louder when your billion winkfaces crashed shitty IE6.