ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

what can i get for my money? Help me out guys

Clio 172 cup
Hi, i'm looking to spent about 3-3.2 thousand on a car and looking at clio 172 cup and the 182 FF, not bothered about colour on the 182 any will do. i want anything below 65k and was wondering if thats a reasonable amount to spend and can i find a 182 for that price. Drawn more towards the 182 FF as it has the added benefits of aircon, ABS, leathers. So your help will be much appreciated. thanks :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
That budget should fetch you the best cup on the market, or buy my higher mileage one for half the price when it goes up for sale next week ;)

Danith

ClioSport Club Member
  MX5 ND2/220 Trophy
2500 gets you my tidy, cambelt/dephasered 172 cup (with one off '172 Cup' seats and a much better driving position than the awkward standard position) and then a good few hundred to put into insurance/mods.

(Shameless plug)

Clio 172 cup
if i was getting a 172 cup it would be the mondial blue one, im only drawn to the cups because the lack of aircon so no expensive belt change for that and re gassing it and also turinis. but i really do like the 182 but its very hard to come by one thats got both cup packs with low millage for the budget i have, am i punching above my weight, should i be looking at putting more money in? thanks

Seems everyone else is shameless plugging so buy my cup :p

3k will get a nice 182 though, good luck with the search.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Its not that much cheaper for the belt change without aircon iirc. Not least to warrant that as a reason to buy one over

Clio 172 cup
tbh i think i'll just go for the 172 cup switch the mani for a 4-2-1 and possibly fit some xenons and recaro speed seats

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Ull get a mint cup for that money i picked mine up for £2850 with 48k on the clock if u want luxuries go for a FF 182 but ull be looking at £3500 for a minter with low mileage 172 cup is a future classic :)

Clio 172 cup
Ull get a mint cup for that money i picked mine up for £2850 with 48k on the clock if u want luxuries go for a FF 182 but ull be looking at £3500 for a minter with low mileage 172 cup is a future classic :)

Ye the 172 cup seems more like a drivers car and something you can have fun in. i was just a little concerned with insurance prices being higher than a 182