ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

What capacity box do i need for 10 inch s

Ex Clio, BMW 120d sport

Im trying to work out what boot build im goin to do in my new CTR and would prefer not to have to shell out for relatively pricey stealth boxes for two 10inch subs.

I was thinking bout building the sub box/boxes just behind the rear seat, taking advantage of the slight slope on the back of the seats. Thing is what size capacity box does a 10 inch need, are they all basically the same, and also does the box have to be of any particult shape to acheive good sound??

Would a triangle (from the side view) shaped box be ok??

cheers

Every sub has a manufacturers recomended box size. Check the manual if you dont have it, you might find it at the manufacturers website.

^^^^ as ^^^^

you will need to make sure whether the sub would work best in a ported or sealed enclosure and dont forget to add the wiring terminals!

I doubt you could make a true triangle box as it probably wouldnt be deep enough for the magnet. Would depend on thickness or wood used and size of sub - obviously.